• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland pnc-1050

kpgraphix

I forgot to mention in my earlier post. Any idea where i can get a manual for the pnc-1050 camm-1. I tried roland to no avail. Thanks again. I reall enjoy this site...

iSign

I sold my manual to someone from this site earlier this year. I had sold the plotter in working condition, but I forgot where the manual was... later I found it & when asked, I sold it for a few pack & ship dollars.

There was not that mmuch to it really... if you post an inquiry to pay for photocopies of the most important pages, you might get someone to reply.

Like a lot of manuals there is enough schematics & hoo-haa... to dissassemble & rebuild the thing. If you just want to know how to navigate a few basic menus for set-up of communication, handshake, baud rate & then & few more pages for basic cutting functions... it shouldn't be more then a half hour with a copy machine.

I'd suggest spelling out exactly what you need in the TOPIC. Not everyone has time to read a post just because it mentions a plotter they own... I think most PNC 1050 owners would have a look... but might as well say it all up front.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I don't know how different the 1050 is from the 1000, but I have a pdf manual of the PNC 1000/1000A on my website you can download. It's a 5 meg zipped file. Email me and I'll send you the link.(free)

rickdeckard68

Hi Ian, my name is Alfred and i live in Tucson, AZ, my stepfather sold me a Roland PNC-1050 that he wasn't using, I hooked it up but my Corel 12 won't recognize it, I don't think it's a plug and play printer, I read that you have a link to a manual for a Roland PNC-1000 is that correct? I would love to check it out and see what I'm doing wrong, I'm sure it would help out tremendously, thank you for your time in advance...

J Hill Designs

yeah its not plug and play, but you can get a driver for it to work from corel

I have my manual for roland PNC 950 if anyone has questions (I think they are all basically the same)

rickdeckard68

hi there!, I just bought a Roland PNC-1050 from my stepdad but it didn't come with a manual or anything that suggests how to make the printer communicate with the Corel 12 I use for graphic designing...it sounds like you had one of these working some time ago, would you be able to give me some pointers on how to hook it up to my computer? and to be able to cut on it from my Corel 12 software? I have it hooked up with a parallel cord, i don't know if that's the main problem, there is a port for a serial cord hookup...thanks for your time sir...

rickdeckard68

cool, so do I just Google a driver to download or is it something that might be on my Windows XP? sorry to sound like such a rookie but I'm getting back into Graphic Designing again after a 2 year hiatus and this plotter is a little old school for me, even older than the Omega Composer software I used to work with...lol, do you have the manual as a pdf or is there a way u can scan the pages and jpg them to me? I just think that asking you about this and that can get pretty annoying real quick...thanks!

rickdeckard68

I got some stuff to take care of, I might get back to you if i run into major road blocks, otherwise, i don't give up too easy... meanwhile stay out of the Tsunami waves!

rickdeckard68

rofl!... do you go on tour with your schtick?...lol, I have had a long night trying to get the printer and Corel to communicate, the manual for the pnc 950 answered a lot of questions, but I really need the manual for the 1050, any ideas?, I'm going to look everywhere and even call Roland support to see if they have a dusty copy in their warehouse they can sell me...stay true my friend.

round man

the manual for them should be basically the same with the exception of where switches and buttons are located. as far as hooking it up to a pc you have to load the windows printer driver then plug it in. I don't think its a plug and pray driver so you probably have to select the add printer icon in control panel/printers and devices, then select the roland option from the list and then the pnc 1050. this should allow xp to see the plotter,..as for cutting fromn corel 12 you'll have to do a search on direct plotting from corel to a roland plotter,...where is OP when ya need him? he is an expert on that subject. Hey Joe Chime in here,...

rickdeckard68

thanks for the response there Mr. one eyed jack!, I downloaded the driver from Roland yesterday and Corel sees the printer, but I need to know what settings the plotter needs to be at so when I send a graphic to cut it'll start cutting, I used to cut on an old Graphtec out of Composer, then I changed to Corel12 and sent vector art from Corel 12, I think I'm just confusing myself and trying to remember what I did, I'll read the PNC-950 manual that jhilldesigns sent me and just try not too hard to overthink everything, I'll still look for the manual of the exact model i have, u know that's worth its weight in gold....