• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland pnc-1050

OldPaint

1st off, WHAT OS are you using? and you need to connect the plotter to computer THRU THE LPT-1 PRINTER PORT. any other connection will not work.
IF........you got an XP COMPUTER...you need the driver d029270j.exe from here:
http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/cutting.html#winntdricamm1
now in corel 12, you need to make a page to accomadte a 15 x 62 inch page in landscape.
this is where you will design.layout anything you want to cut.
in corel 12, any thing you want to cut will HAVE TO HAVE A HAIRLINE assigned to it or else the plotter wont see it.
the rest is on you..............

rickdeckard68

duuude! first of all, thanks for the reply, I know i can take it from there, second of all...GO STEELERS!!!!!!, I am a lifelong Steelers fan also!, this was almost the perfect season for us!!! darn that last drive!!!, can I request to be your friend?, you the man!

rickdeckard68

ok now that I made a fool of myself I can communicate a little better, yeah I have Windows XP, and the plotter came with a paralel wire only that fits only one port in my tower, I have worked with Corel 12 and a Roland CJ500 for about 2 years, prior to that, I ran a sprocket fed Graphtec that I sent vector artwork from an Omega Composer program for about 5 years, the company was owned by my stepdad so I got to be the manager after a while, we were a high volume company until I left it to help run my real dads construction company...now I want to get back into what I love to do, and this Roland is my gateway to that dream... any help you give me will be appreciated, I'm just asking for a little patience...peace!

rickdeckard68

my 12 Corel can see the plotter, and I definitely know about the hairline, the problem is all the settings on the Roland PNC-1050, I really don't know what I'm doing there, I was able to download an owner's manual from another member but it was for the PNC-950, they are very different, I definitely need to locate a pdf or to purchase a manual for the 1050, then it will all come together nicely...I would be much obliged for any help on the subject...