• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Print Head Issues -Please Help

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
First I want to thank many of you for posting it has helped me greatly since I am still new to the business.

The image is attached.

Here is what I have tried:

Replaced the ribbon cables from the print head circuit board to print head.
Replaced the print head circuit board.
Had my main circuit board Professionally inspected.
Replaced CN15 ribbon cable from print head to main circuit board.
Swaped print head with another known good head.
Replaced Dampeners (this I thought was the problem, as I over looked it, there was air in the line)

I am at a loss. What am I overlooking? is it still a vacuum leak?

Attachments

• 20130815_090212.jpg
    20130815_090212.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 297

Hero Signs

Thanks for the replies.

Here is what happens when I change the ribbon cables from the cyan to the magenta.

I replaced the Carriage Board , the one that the print heads cable into.

Attachments

• 20130815_093755[1].jpg
    20130815_093755[1].jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 165

Hero Signs

Cyan is not leaking into the printer. I made a mess with the ink when changing the cyan dampeners.

I am thinking it is a problem with the signal source. I changed the cn15 cable, 1 of three cables coming into the Carriage Board, I just cleaned ribbon cables coming into the Carriage Board and the same outcome occurred.

FrankW

I know things of this kind when the head cable is not properly connected. If the cables where new, it could be a problem of a printhead connector or something of this kind.

otctech

I've seen this when a transistor blows on the head board. And I've seen it caused by not having the print head cable seated correctly or by a bad head. I think you may have a bad head that is taking out that transistor on the head board. I would replace the head and head board at the same time if possible.

Hero Signs

Update

Here is my update.

I tell yall I have been having a tough year. So I sent out my Main Circuit Board to Mac Media ( this is after the local Graphic Solutions tech also came to the conclusion that the main board has an issue) Today I re install the Main board to have the same issues? What gives? Test print from repair at mac media.jpg

I have sent an email to Mac Media, waiting reply.

MrSalumi

Sorry to hear that.

In the latest test print it looks like you have half your Cyan head firing correctly. I still think its your head thats bad. You should watch out because if it is it can burn your main board again. Do you have another head that you can swap? It looks like its an XC 540 and you are in CMYK.. where are your LcLm heads?

Keep us updated. Good Luck

Hero Signs

Still at a loss

So I have now sent off my main board to Mac Media 2 x now and swapped the heads and still the same issues.

I am running out of options. Is there a cable that would go bad on the boards? .. We have swapped the 3 large ribbon cables on the bottom left of the Main Board and each time got the same response.

I have a Roland VP 540. Below are the print and then swapping the heads and same result.

Is the answer buy a new main board? What else could have fried?

today.jpg Swapped.jpg