• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Printer questions

vectorterrorist

Hey Everyone..yes I am the green horn on here...yes sometimes I dont know what I am talking about but I love this industry and want to learn in hopes of one day leavingmy desk job and doing waht you guys get to do.

I am about to buy a printer (looking at a used one roand sp540) and I have some questions.

what is the difference between the sp and the vp series? I am ineterested in doing bike and quad stuff and my buddies all have VP's to do them Would a SP work for this application?

Also my bud at tntfx told me to be sure to ask the owner when i go to look at the printer if it's been converted to eco-sol....what is this? if it hasnt is it exspensive to do?

any help would rock!

thanks

TresL

VP will be faster(print speed) than the SP is the main difference.
There are a few others, but that is the main one.

Eco-Sol is the ink type.
an upgraded SP540 is the same as the SP540V from what I understand.

Others on here should have some more comments/ideas as well.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Quality is better on detail on the VP too.. I've worked with both... the SP had been converted to Eco-Sol so not sure how that plays into the printing but definitely need those inks if you are considering buying an SP.

petepaz

we have a sp300 and vp 540
vp quicker and a little better with quality and colors but not much
both are eco sol inks
haven't had any issues as of yet
happy with both machines

Juggernaut

The VP series can also take advantage of the new Roland Intelligent Pass Control (RIPC), intended to decrease banding on prints. This is not available on the SP series.

synergy_jim

Hey Everyone..yes I am the green horn on here...yes sometimes I dont know what I am talking about but I love this industry and want to learn in hopes of one day leavingmy desk job and doing waht you guys get to do.

I am about to buy a printer (looking at a used one roand sp540) and I have some questions.

what is the difference between the sp and the vp series? I am ineterested in doing bike and quad stuff and my buddies all have VP's to do them Would a SP work for this application?

Also my bud at tntfx told me to be sure to ask the owner when i go to look at the printer if it's been converted to eco-sol....what is this? if it hasnt is it exspensive to do?

any help would rock!

thanks

all of the sp series printers are eco sol. I had one of the very first sp300's made and it was gen 1 eco sol then we converted it to the new max inks, but it was always solvent.

he is confusing the sp with the older aqueous models.

GSSA-Russ

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the VP series 4 head and the SP series just 2 head?

You are correct the VP does have 4 heads where the SP only has 2. Couple other features including removable pinch rollers and lower more compact design. I do like the RIPC on the VP is does add a little more to the VP series.

TresL

Sorry, yes, I meant MAX inks...

Need more coffee before posting.

all of the sp series printers are eco sol. I had one of the very first sp300's made and it was gen 1 eco sol then we converted it to the new max inks, but it was always solvent.

he is confusing the sp with the older aqueous models.