• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland - printing only black

Sign and Print

Hi All,

New to to the site and new to a Roland VP540. I am printing small black text and all colors are firing which gives a dark grey appearance and edges are not sharp. The registration marks for die-cutting after laminating however are pure black and look great.

I use Corel Draw X6 and have tried the Roland colour profile - setting the colour to BK21A - but it gets lost in the conversion through Versaworks.

Anyone able to assist?

cajun312

In the versaworks settings, go to file format and click the box that says something like "preserve spot colors"

petepaz

anything you print is going to use CMYK to create your image. the only thing that will print 100% black with out CMY are the crop marks for cutting alignment. found that out because i was having an issue that my crop marks wouldn't print. turned out that my black wasn't registering correctly and never beeped when it when empty so my image printed but no crop marks. don't know why that is just the way it's set up. could be the profile you are using also. if you don't use the correct profile sometimes it won't print true colors (or black in your case)

Mosh

Profiles make the print! If you are not using the correct profile you will get blurry prints for sure. Be sure you have the profile selected for the media you are using.