• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland question's

Tim Aucoin

I think the original 2nd question was asking about when you do a sheet cut after a print; The material is fed an inch or so forward, then the cut is made. I think he's asking if there is a way to stop the material feed before the cut is made so there's less waste. ? That's what my decoder ring says anway....

If your decoder ring is correct, then the simple solution is simply to use the directional button on the printer to back the material up the distance it will move forward before hitting the cut button. Should accomplish the task! :rock-n-roll:

kustom.printing

Sorry about the jumble above, The post above is right with what I was trying to say.

Does it always have to move forward a couple of inches, can't it just cut where I stop it, real pain in the ass when I judge it wrong.

Also if I do judge it wrong it would be nice to have an option to cancel, is there a cancel button as I have tried everything even lifting the lever for the rollers.

Dave L.

To not waste the inches of material, you can feed the material back in the machine a little, do a base point, then sheet cut. Takes ten secondes but you can save quite a bit of material over time.

signpro

Manager
i've never seen any blemishes either from changing ink in the middle of a print. however, if i wait more than 5mins to do so, i get a prompt to restart or cancel. if i click restart, it restarts from the BEGINNING, cancel lets it continue from where it is. i learned the hard way the first time. owell. but otherwise, i've never seen any visible lines. i'm always cautious still, after having it happen multiple times, i still look over that area carefully as it's coming out of the printer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I've seen the bands peavey is talking about. I also believe it is based on what profile you're using for the particular media you're running through at the time. Some dry faster than others, while some put down more ink than others and if you have a slight delay in changing them out, you could easily see a slight discoloration. If you're doing a trade show display it might be critical. Luckily it only seems to happen to us when its a print that doesn't matter. I also think certain colors pick up on this problem more than others, but again.... we're being very critical here of something that is accepted by most as industry standard acceptable procedures..... or Quality Control.