• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RF-640 banding left side of machine

RafalASC

Hello,

I have problem with Roland RF-640 - banding on the left side of the machine. On the right side everything is ok but on the left side You can see banding (look at picture). It is in every quality of print in bi-dir, but when I print this in uni-dir everthing is ok. Do You have any solution for this kind of issue?

photo: Beznazwy 1

shafi

Hello,

I have problem with Roland RF-640 - banding on the left side of the machine. On the right side everything is ok but on the left side You can see banding (look at picture). It is in every quality of print in bi-dir, but when I print this in uni-dir everthing is ok. Do You have any solution for this kind of issue?

photo: Beznazwy 1
pleas check encoder strip ( try to clean)

PaperSpoon

Head of Production
Interesting. I have the RF640 as well and it does the same thing. Any wide prints are in a higher quality which stops the banding for me. But a standard or high speed print is always noticeable only on the left side. Ill be following this thread

flyplainsdrifta

have this on an xf640, but only really noticeable in the lighter cyan gamut...anyone else? i always thought it was due to not having lc and lm but no clue. not as familiar with roland machines.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
+1 on starvation. What he means is not enough ink is flowing to the head fast enough to keep printing solid. I would start by changing at least the cyan dampers. That should fix the issue. I have seen this exact issue happen on a Mutoh and it ended up being a partially clogged manifold. Anything that will keep the ink from flowing freely will cause this issue.

flyplainsdrifta

fun. get to learn more about roland's now. how difficult is it to change out dampers? sorry for the rookie question but ive honestly no clue. could talk about hp's all day but i only know basic stuff with my roland.

RafalASC

+1 on starvation. What he means is not enough ink is flowing to the head fast enough to keep printing solid. I would start by changing at least the cyan dampers. That should fix the issue. I have seen this exact issue happen on a Mutoh and it ended up being a partially clogged manifold. Anything that will keep the ink from flowing freely will cause this issue.

Damper is not possible - I have this machine 1 month and it is from beginning.

Feed roller is not installed properly.

It cant be installed impreperly. I checked on different media, pieces of media, with take up, without take up.

The only solution is uni-dir, I try to print in bi-dir and slow down the carriage to something about 400 in VersaWorks and nothig, but in uni-dir with speed 1000 everything is ok.

PaperSpoon

Head of Production
Well I wouldnt say its not possible. sometimes you get a faulty part right out of the factory... Either way, Ill be ordering some new dampers for mine and will update you all once installed! ;)

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Base point to left side of printer and the check feed calibration. Still think it's the feed roller.

Charlie J

BUMP this thread. I've had the same issue with mine since it was a brand new machine. Any ideas for a remedy?

You can check if it's ink starvation if you set a 1sec pause between scans. (you should be able to set this on the printer) The idea is to let the head go with it's normal speed but let it sit between passes.

Charlie J

Today I replaced the dampers in my machine hoping that it would fix my issue with cyan banding on the left side of the machine.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• E4D9822B-020D-46C4-B8E5-BBBFF6870948.jpeg
    E4D9822B-020D-46C4-B8E5-BBBFF6870948.jpeg
    935.6 KB · Views: 528