Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland sales rep said $3000 rebate on sp300v til end of year.

Discussion in 'Roland' started by cinemasign.grafix, Nov 28, 2005.

1. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    check with local dealer.roland rep i talked to said they where rebating $3000 til end of year to boost sale #s

Tags:
  2. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    Makes me wonder why they're really offering that discount. It often means that something better is on the horizon.

3. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Thats what i asked.she would not cop to that.

this rebate is to the dealers so you have to grind them for the best deal armed with this info.It's not an advertised rebate

4. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    It probably means they manufactured too many SP 300v and need to get rid of them for the new models.

5. Bob 67

Bob 67 Member

Nov 5, 2005
  6. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Royal Sov laminators also offers a $2k rebate if you buy a Roland printer. I
    have read good & bad about the RS laminator- but that gets it down to $4k
    for a 41"- gotta be better than a Daige or Kim Chee (Korean one- forget the
    name)? Is there a better laminator for approx $4k? Thanks Gene

7. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Gene,
    the GBC laminator is what I got from Advantage. It was aroung 5K brfore negotiation. I bought my printer, plotter, & ventilation from them, so I did push the overall price down several thousand dollars. I'm not sure how much wiggle room they have on a laminator alone, but at 63", it seems like a similar value to a 41" for 4K. I guess you wouldn't need that size if you're looking at the 30" printer, you sure you really want a 30" though??

http://www.advantagesignsupply.com/equipment/GBC_arctic.php

8. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Dont get a 30" printer.... Personall, 36" is the minimum I would ever consider. I had a 36" encad and pleased with the extra 6" especially when doing banners. Its a one pass event. A 30" machine would need just a little more to complete the banner..
    A local supplier has some 30 inch machines really low in price. I can see why..