• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC-500 icc profiles for Flexi. Can anyone help?

absoluteinkuk

Hi guys

I have a SC-500 just managed to get it to work with new set of inks and 2 new heads and I am using flexi 10 to print and cut.

I have it communicating and printing and print and cut demo is perfect.

but the image quality print wise when I actually print something, the colours are either wrong or very dark.

Only media type I am able to choose that suits glossy vinyl I have selected it and tried normal print, fine, super and photo. All results are poor and grainy and colours are wrong.

I have tried to find suitable icc profiles for this printer but no luck for flexi

Can anyone help or have any sc-500 icc profiles for sc-500?

My email is absoluteink7@gmail.com if anyone could help or point me in the right direction.

I don’t mind paying if required.

Thank you.

absoluteinkuk

F0FE6F5E-13B8-461D-BE88-5B796C17FB7C.jpeg

netsol

does flexi have a utility OR A PROCEDURE to import profiles from other RIP's ?

something like converting data to .csv so we can import from program to program?

absoluteinkuk

does flexi have a utility OR A PROCEDURE to import profiles from other RIP's ?

something like converting data to .csv so we can import from program to program?
I am not sure mate but I am gonna check thank you.

I just tried to load random profiles but it says not compatible with this model.

I can’t even find the Roland Colorchoice 4 rip software anywhere to even give that a go, tho it’s mega old lol

jimdtg

Color Choice is OEM of Flexi in the past so those customed ICM files will compatible with old Flexi 7.x, unfortunately Flexi 10 is no longer support those ICM.

Last edited:

absoluteinkuk

Color Choice is OEM of Flexi in the past so those customed ICM files will compatible with old Flexi 7.x, unfortunately Flexi 10 is no longer support those ICM.
Oh damn. So i would have to downgrade to Flexi 7 for them to work. I guess I coops try that. Now to find Flexi 7 lol. Thx man

FrankW

Flexi can import measurement (text) data to create ICC-Profiles (if you have a version with ICC-Profiler enabled), and can import standard ICCs.

But for a printer profile, in addition to the ICC-Profile, the printer needs to be calibrated, what means creating the optimal driver settings, ink limits and linearization. For linearization a measuring device is needed, but you can also set dummy data (linear data). But this will not lead to quality profiles.

netsol

frank

generally if someone is in us & a signs101 member,( and using flexi) i will lend them an I1 pro for a week or so

absoluteinkuk

Flexi can import measurement (text) data to create ICC-Profiles (if you have a version with ICC-Profiler enabled), and can import standard ICCs.

But for a printer profile, in addition to the ICC-Profile, the printer needs to be calibrated, what means creating the optimal driver settings, ink limits and linearization. For linearization a measuring device is needed, but you can also set dummy data (linear data). But this will not lead to quality profiles.
I will check this bro

All I know when I tried to import a profile meant for sc-500 but for colourchoice from the Roland website it just says not compatible with this printer model

absoluteinkuk

I will check this bro

All I know when I tried to import a profile meant for sc-500 but for colourchoice from the Roland website it just says not compatible with this no
Any photos of what you have printed besides the test colors?

I will post them tomorrow bro when I pop to my tattoo studio as that’s where the printer is.

But in general it was printing too dark and Colours were way off and very grainy bad quality.

Terry01

Grainy is not a profile fault. In flexi go into your production manager and drop all colors back to 45% and work your way up from there and make your own profile..
Just select any 6 color profile, change it and save it. Find a test print file that has all colors in it and do your setup using it.
Use a high resolution of a file like this. You know what color faces, sky and fruit should be dont you?

absoluteinkuk

Grainy is not a profile fault. In flexi go into your production manager and drop all colors back to 45% and work your way up from there and make your own profile..
Just select any 6 color profile, change it and save it. Find a test print file that has all colors in it and do your setup using it.
Use a high resolution of a file like this. You know what color faces, sky and fruit should be dont you?

Didn’t know you could do that thanks man! I will give it who when back in work and post my results. Thank you for the help :)

Terry01

Also if your printer hasn't had an upgrade with a heater, your changes of printing onto vinyl are pretty remote.