• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC-500 icc profiles for Flexi. Can anyone help?

FrankW

Sorry didn't notice it on left side.. Always seen them mounted on the right.

The SC-500 doesn´t had heaters by standard, the first generation Eco-Sol-Inks won´t need a heater, but have printed on coated media only. That with the controller on the left side is the original Roland retrofitting for second generation eco-solvent-ink, delivered in 2004.

FrankW

If you print without color management, you have no ink limit, no linearisation and no ICC. It will be very difficult without at least ink limits.

In Flexi, you have different possibilities to set the dithering for printing, some are more grainy than others. But grainy prints could also be a result of misaligned heads or bad bi-directional adjustment.

absoluteinkuk

Here we go

Attachments

• 5B3814FF-5206-42AF-8F46-EB1461944056.jpeg
    5B3814FF-5206-42AF-8F46-EB1461944056.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 92
  • B8F2DA20-B399-4FC6-8C32-001A78AD763C.jpeg
    B8F2DA20-B399-4FC6-8C32-001A78AD763C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 73
  • 347F7A91-8F5E-41E8-A4F5-98E406C937CD.jpeg
    347F7A91-8F5E-41E8-A4F5-98E406C937CD.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 88

Terry01

Now go to production manager>setup> default job properties>turn off color correction>go across to color adjustment> move adjuster to 45% whilst in all colors> apply
Also turn heat up higher..print looks to be pooling slightly and print it again

absoluteinkuk

Now go to production manager>setup> default job properties>turn off color correction>go across to color adjustment> move adjuster to 45% whilst in all colors> apply
Thx man.

I will give it a go today.

absoluteinkuk

If you print without color management, you have no ink limit, no linearisation and no ICC. It will be very difficult without at least ink limits.

In Flexi, you have different possibilities to set the dithering for printing, some are more grainy than others. But grainy prints could also be a result of misaligned heads or bad bi-directional adjustment.
Thank you :)

absoluteinkuk

Hi Terri definitely some progress made. I made output to 45 and then kept going lower to get the pictures lighter the top left pic is at 25% output. The rest were 35-45%. Do you think I am on the right path? Here is what my settings look like too all the input is around 50% is this correct?
9A2B97EF-850E-4B94-AC4D-560B53FC32C9.jpeg
AC31F0D9-31DB-49C3-A58B-C1D4073AC930.jpeg
E91D5FE3-2C80-4966-AFED-5AB030C12F30.jpeg

Terry01

Reset what you have done.. Then just shift the 100% marker down to 50%, see what it looks like and then possibly work your way up or down from there.
Also see if you can find that image I posted a link for. It is one of the best to work with

absoluteinkuk

Reset what you have done.. Then just shift the 100% marker down to 50%, see what it looks like and then possibly work your way up or down from there.
Also see if you can find that image I posted a link for. It is one of the best to work with
Oh thanks man I just saw your post after my reply. I will give it ago again tomorrow when I am back in my shop.

I will try and find that image.

Thank you so much for all your help

Terry01

By moving it 50% for a start, lets you see how much of a change it makes. You can then start working out where you need to be from there

absoluteinkuk

By moving it 50% for a start, lets you see how much of a change it makes. You can then start working out where you need to be from there
That’s perfect thanks again man! I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Only issue left is when I load a media roll the carriage moves to measure it I guess but it goes past where it is and thinks it’s wider than what’s actually there.

Terry01

Put the width of material into manager manually. Media size is in the first settings in the manager. Set to custom and edit width in there.

Last edited:

absoluteinkuk

That's the image, and do read the notes, they help you see what you are looking at. Also quite useful to check that your monitor isn't showing you false promises.

Put the width of material into manager manually. Media size is in the first settings in the manager. Set to custom and edit width in there.

Hey guys

Progress today! See the YouTube link below.

Terry I moved the top point down to around 50. The print is good enough for now I think it’s as good as it gets.

The test image print was ok, could maybe do a little bit more vibrancy but I am happy how it is.

Thanks for all the help