• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC 540 printing crazy

NoBull Graphix

Well never in a million years did I think that a .10 eraser would work. But gosh damn it did. Genius. I took and cleaned the contacts that pluged in the head board and there it was......UNREAL.

NoBull Graphix

Well my victory was short lived. Printed around 30 ft and a run away showed its ugly face again. I guess its time order new cables.. I guess my weekend starts today.:toasting:

NoBull Graphix

Now what do I do. New head board same result. Cyan head running away. So I power the machine off, unplug, replace the long cyan flat cable. plug-in, turn on and now I have to do a limit initalize. So i do , turn macine off and back on. Nope service error 0110 again. So i do it again and again. Still service error. Now keep in mind that this has not been a issue untill i replaced the long flat cyan cable. So at this time I replaced the sensor with a new one. Nope, still not working. Ok now I replace the strip with a New One. Nope still not working. Now I have no other ideas. By the way I have aton of parts now that are back up for sale.

GraphixGuys

Are you running through a network or are plugged directly to your computer with your rip? We had a problem similar problem with our Mutoh where we were getting solid black lines thought the image area. It turned out the be a networking issue. Once we went hardlined to our printer it stopped.

NoBull Graphix

Put the old head board back in and it started up just fine. Did test print and the cyan head fired normal. (New cyan long flat cable installed). Now my l.magenta is not even showing up. Pulled ink through the line and nothing. Throughout this nightmare the pink has been hit and miss on test prints. Any thoughts on why it wont fire. I'm thinking at this time it must be a cable also. Any thoughts

knabbie

Have you had any luck with the printing issues? We have a mutoh which has had the same type of issues since October, for us it seams to be an electrical short some where in the printer.
We have replace many parts including the 3 boards, all of head cables. It will work for a few week and then start printing solid color.
When our printer first started having this problem it would print the cyan around everything. We made a cyan crop box to go around the printed image it printed the cyan outside the box. It worked for a while. This might help. We are still trying to get this printer up and running again. Good luck!

NoBull Graphix

My problem came down to the trailing cables. Replaced them and I was set to go. I do have a brand new head board and print carriage board for sale if anyone needs it. Thanks for all the help guys.