• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sc500 help please

16skyline

Hi,

I am in need of some help, I have just bought a Roland SC500.

My problem is when I print something the ink actual looks to thick (I have attached a picture). Could you please give me some tips as there isn’t anyone down in Tassie that can help me. I tried sending the print through Flexi 8.5 as well as Colorchoice with the same result, so I am guessing it could be a ICC profile as I am only using the profiles that are in Flexi and Colorchoice. The inks are Roland Eco-sol Max also.

Would someone please help me with what to set the heaters at, what software you use and does someone have a ICC profile that would help me. I would appreciate any help that you could give me.

Thanks
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Attachments

• 102_1291.jpg
    102_1291.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 102_1293.jpg
    102_1293.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 116

jonnyc

Hi i am new to this myself and have ask for help on this forum on how to change from eps solvent to eco-sol max on a converted fj52 . I've had responses on some profiles that may help me and updating the firmware on printer, also it seems that fj52, sc500,sj500,and sj600 are similar but i could be wrong like i said i am new to all this and just trying to give a little back this link may help http://www.advancedcolorsolutions.com/documentation/files/Color_Choice_Conversion_Guide.pdf

Hope you get it sorted out john

sfr table hockey

Hi,

I am in need of some help, I have just bought a Roland SC500.

My problem is when I print something the ink actual looks to thick (I have attached a picture). Could you please give me some tips as there isn’t anyone down in Tassie that can help me. I tried sending the print through Flexi 8.5 as well as Colorchoice with the same result, so I am guessing it could be a ICC profile as I am only using the profiles that are in Flexi and Colorchoice. The inks are Roland Eco-sol Max also.

Would someone please help me with what to set the heaters at, what software you use and does someone have a ICC profile that would help me. I would appreciate any help that you could give me.

Thanks

Media will play a big roll in a grainy print. Get some matte vinyl or even take a page of photo paper from your home printer and do a test print on that. You will be surprised what it can look like on basic photo paper. A better media like cast vinyl will print better as well. If you had some Oracal cut vinyl (751) you could print on that and see.

Heat tends to be needed to be higher (120 deg give or take ) for some of the lower grade vinyl.

On others I can print without heat and get a reasonable result, other than the solvent does not soak in as much, which is the reason for heat.

Profiles for input and output are a big piece to the puzzle and I have heard others having some issues with Roland inks on the converted printers but they do end up finding something that works.

I found the Roland profiles for the SCsol inks worked well. If you can't find them on the Roland site look in colorchoice and use the profiles from there. These older printers mostly came with colorchoice as the rip.

wedosigns

I have profiles for you. PM me and I will send them to you. Please be a little specific on what you are printing on as I have lots of them. From what I see your heat needs to go higher on that material. I found you have to play with the heat. As sfr table hockey
has said some materials require no heat some lots. I found good vinyl is easy to print on no heat and transfer film for screen printing requires as much as you can give it.
Cheers Bruce

16skyline

Thanks for all the help, just one other thing does someone have a copy of a Service Manual that will show options in Service Mode?

Regards

16skyline

Hi,

Thanks to wedosigns who has sent me some profiles, the print is better but still not perfect. I have attached some test prints from the service menu can someone have a look and tell me what is going wrong.

The roadwork picture has been printed on IJ40, Printer heater set on 48c and room temperture was about 28c.

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Attachments

• 102_1307.jpg
    102_1307.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 85
  • 102_1308.jpg
    102_1308.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 102_1309.jpg
    102_1309.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 102_1317.jpg
    102_1317.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 102_1319.jpg
    102_1319.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 96
  • 102_1295.jpg
    102_1295.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 121

16skyline

Hi Scott
post the picture with the lines missing, mabey someone has seen that before and know why it is doing it.:Canada 2:

Good Suggestion thanks.

Ok when I was playing around with the printer last night I started to get these lines through the prints, so I turned it off. Then this morning I resumed trying to work out what was going on with the printer to find the lines where gone, after playing for a few hours guess what the lines where back.

Just another problem to add to the grainy print. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards:frustrated:

Attachments

• 102_1303.jpg
    102_1303.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 85

16skyline

Work out my line issue, it was Flexisign playing up not finding the serial so re-installed and all good. But still have grainy prints if anyone has some profiles that they would't mind sending to me.

sfr table hockey

What media are you trying to print on?

Do a test with a piece of photo paper from your home printer 8 1/2 x 11. See if you still get a grainy print.

What does the reg test print show for missing anything?

On the bias test print do the lines line up almost exact or are they off about a line or more? Use a magnifying glass to see for sure.

16skyline

What media are you trying to print on?

Do a test with a piece of photo paper from your home printer 8 1/2 x 11. See if you still get a grainy print.

What does the reg test print show for missing anything?

On the bias test print do the lines line up almost exact or are they off about a line or more? Use a magnifying glass to see for sure.

Hi,

Bias print: black/mag line up and cyan/yellow line but black/mag dosn't line up with cyan/yellow is this correct.

Test print is above missing two lines in light cyan.

Will try photo paper later.

sfr table hockey

You should also have the MG and Lc line up as well. This is the side lever on the left head (left side) This lever moves the head forward and back. I never seem to get that lever to work so I manually pull of push the head forward or back to adj. Very little movement is all you need. They key is to get the heads lined as good as you can. I have mine within a 1/2 or bang on. The you have to have the others line up as they do now so changing one may put the other off.

Also the look on your test print (for the heads) can use some cleaning yet. The lines should be crisp and all straight. Yours has some deflection and a bit of a wobble goin on. Some cleaning fluid and a swab may clear that up.

Bly

1. Calibrate bidirection and feed.
2. If all your nozzles are firing it's a profiling problem.
3. Test profiles till you get one that works.

Another thing - we just bought a Roland and had issues with grainy prints but now it's fine.
The only thing I can put it down to is the flushing solution needed to be completely run out of the system.
It was kind of like the ink was slightly diluted.

sfr table hockey

I am going to send you over one to try. It's a Roland profile from the SCsol profiles. You may need to reduce some of the ink limits.

Might have to go over input profiles as well and try some other media if you have on hand. Phone me if you want. I am around right now.

Does someone have some good SC500 ICC profiles that would like to share with me.

I want to try some different ones as I still have grainy prints, anyone please help.

Cheers

Email: ssholden@internode.on.net