• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Soljet Pro II SC-540 for sale $200?

Mattell

If this is strictly because of RIP software, go here for ColoRIP - COLOR | Download | Roland DG Corporation
Even though it says Updater, it is a standalone full install, no previous version needed. If you aren't aware, ColoRIP is a Roland specific version of Wasatch SoftRIP, and works very well.

The 2 models have different mainboard part numbers, however they look virtually identical. Roland does have an annoying habit of changing part numbers for no reason that makes sense, so they very likely are the same electronically. It looks like turning on bit 7 will make the machine act as an SC-545. You will need to upgrade the firmware. In addition, every color is in a different head position. The length of the ink lines for the dampers are cut to length, meaning you will probably not be able to just move the dampers from head to head, which will mean thoroughly flushing every single ink line and moving the dampers to the new ink line position. Quite a bit if work. Not sure of any real advantage in doing this, other than eliminating the "lawnmower" effect in large solid areas.

Perhaps Active Sign will chime in on any issues, as he has apparently done this on 2 different Roland printers.

Hi Jim, many thanks for the quick update. I do have the 2.2 update, I just didn't know it has or is the full installer.

I used colorip earlier and it was really good. But that was because my technician at the time swapped my main board and versaworks stopped working.

I want to know he correct jumper settings to switch back to 545ex. The heads and tubing are already setup for versaworks. Black is in 4th from left.

Help would be much appreciated. kheniwe@icloud.com

Best regards

Mattell

Jim, thanks for the note on bit 7. I'll wait for a few more comments to see. Also if you find anything extra, please let me know. Many thanks in advance