• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Soljet Pro111 xc540

Zungarr

Hi Everyone,
Having a lot of problems with this machine just out of warrenty and 4 Heads gone already now we have a fuse problem tech guy due out monday, machine down 2 days, at this stage I think we have a lemon on our hands. Would welcome advice from anyone who has this machine.

BobbyFosson

Lemon just out of warranty??? What caused the 4 heads to go out? Were they replaced? Fuse problems are 'usually' caused by someone messing with the printer while powered up or possible ink overspray shorting a head.

Need more details.

Zungarr

Roland Soljet Pro 111 XC540

Hi guys,
Thanks for the info, our latest problem started 3 weeks ago. It started with the yellow and we thought it was the print head. We had the print head checked engineer said it was fine but he replaced the damper and the machine worked fine after that. We went to print a job on wednesday instead of printing black and yellow the machine printed blue and grey. We did a test print, and found that yellow and black did not print only magenta and blue. We checked the ink levels the yellow was low so we replaced both cartridges and did a clean still no change thats where we are at the moment.

Zungarr

Soljet update our warranty when we bought this machine was for 1 year after a lot of hassel over the heads it was extended including a promise for my operator to attend a workshop foc which never happened. The machine was new when we bought it. Engineer in today Head board needs replacing.

Robert M

Cap tops

Pour a little cleaning fluid in the cap tops and do a cleaning, see if the fluid goes down. Next take the tube from each cap top and see if you can draw ink from the head.

cdiesel

My first guess would be that you have a capping station issue. If either the Y or K aren't sealing correctly, the pump will not be able to pull any ink through either of the heads. This will make it not prime, and you can run cleanings until the cows come home with no change at all.

When was the last time the caps were changed?

You say you went through four heads. Why? Were they the same head each time? Any head strikes?

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
My first guess would be that you have a capping station issue. If either the Y or K aren't sealing correctly, the pump will not be able to pull any ink through either of the heads. This will make it not prime, and you can run cleanings until the cows come home with no change at all.

When was the last time the caps were changed?

You say you went through four heads. Why? Were they the same head each time? Any head strikes?

I would second this. The heads will dry up almost overnight. You can use a syringe to pull the ink through the cap stations( do a search on this forum for the technique). If you pull air you know you have a problem..

4 heads just doesn't seem right.

Check the cap stations and how the heads align to the cap tops...they MUST be centered. This can be adjusted easily. And, I have not yet seen ANY XC that is a "lemon"...most are extremely reliable and perform very well. If the cap tops are aligned properly you won't need to use the syringe. IF you DO use the syringe, look for air bubbles in the syringe (like foam)..this is an indicator you have an air leak somewhere in the system.

Jack Knight1979

Sounds like the experience I had with my 745. It was shipped with water based heads. They fried, which fried my head board. Roland only replaced two heads and the board.

Then the other heads fried, ruining the board again. I was able to repair the board.

I had to buy the new dx4.5 heads myself. Haven't had a problem since other than heads going when it's their time.

Welcome to the club if Lemon Rolands. Mine started failing after a few months. Bought it brand new.

Zungarr

I was starting to think that we were the only ones having problems with the machine however our Engineer has solved the problem with the machine. He repaired the head board, but the bad news is that the machine was down for the best part of 2 weeks. If we had to rely on this machine alone we would be out of business. We are thinking of purchasing a back up machine.

Robert72

I stopped having problems with fuses and transistors burned on mainboard when I put a UPS to the Versacamm. The UPS not only helps you when current gets off, but also synthesizes the current supply to a perfect 50 Hz (60 on your side I guess) 220v wave so you wont suffer volt fluctuations.

As a professional UPS with the capacity to feed the printer+the heaters is expensive as hell, I took the cheap way and did separate the supply for the printer and the heaters, so I only pass the UPS to the printer brain and leave the heaters direct to wall plug. This let me to use a cheapo computer UPS (60 bucks approx.) and it works as expected. Zero electronic problems from 1 year ago, when I did the trick.