• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SolJet Pro4 XR-640 - modeling on Pearl 13oz Gloss Banner

TorturdChaos

I have used Pearl 13oz Gloss Banner on our SP-540v for years, using the PVC Baner (SPVCB), and it has always printed great. Just got a Roland SolJet Pro4 XR-640, and no updated profle for SPVCB! Trying to print the Pearl banner, but I'm getting a lot of modeling, most notable in solid colors. I have tried Generic Banner 1 & 2, Light-weight Banner Vinyl, and even played with Calandered Vinyl, but they all print with modeling very noticeable in solid colors.

Any ideas?

TorturdChaos

I've honestly never found a gloss banner stock or profile that prints without that happening on our XC-540.

That being said... I just discovered the "BOSB" (block out scrim banner?) profile the other day and it prints better on matte banner than any other profile.

Might be worth a shot! Hope you find one that works for ya.

Sadly I'm not seeing BOSB in my media profiles. Did you have to download it form somewhere?

Thanks

petepaz

sounds like you need to do a versa works update for the profile update. we use GBV- glossy banner vinyl and it works ok. i have also used the glossy or matte calendered vinyl profiles those both work ok on banner material. just make sure you flip the print head switch to raise it so you don't get head strikes.