• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND SP 300V any good?

daenterpri

I'm looking at buying a used ROLAND SP 300V. Is this a good printer for it's size? Will it produce really good resolution prints on banners, tailgate wraps, labels, etc? Will it use EcoSolvent inks?

Thanks!

Sign Works

What do you think is a good price for a machine like this that's 3 years old?

Rock solid printer but occasionally wished I'd have spent the additional 5K and got the 54" SP-540V but still an awesome print/cut machine. I think about 6-7K would be a very fair price for used SP-300V.

Don't forget that you'll need several extra grand for a good laminator to accomodate the printer.

Attachments

• 663.jpg
    663.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 691.jpg
    691.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 116

petepaz

Rock solid printer but occasionally wished I'd have spent the additional 5K and got the 54" SP-540V but still an awesome print/cut machine. I think about 6-7K would be a very fair price for used SP-300V.

Don't forget that you'll need several extra grand for a good laminator to accomodate the printer.

+1 ON ALL THE ABOVE
if you can shell out a little extra $$$ go for the 54"

daenterpri

Thanks guys. For $7500, it also comes with a 38" Dailge laminator. I've been told in a different thread that Dailge laminators are worthless though?

Impact Image

Thanks guys. For $7500, it also comes with a 38" Dailge laminator. I've been told in a different thread that Dailge laminators are worthless though?

Once you get the hang of the Daige you'll be good. I have little patience but have run a ton of prints through mine.

I'd say $7500 is a good deal based on what I'd sell my combo for.

Sign Works

If I picked up a machine like this, would manually applying lamination with a tool like the Big Squeegee suffice for a while? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfKd_SlnI20

Again, I would be using this for decals and larger prints.

It might, that is until you actually used a quality laminator. When I got my SP-300V I picked up a used laminator from a local sign franchise store which was upgrading to a larger printer & laminator. Took all of two phone calls to locate it and got an awesome deal, 2k for a GBC Titan 110. Shop around, you just might find exactly what you need for the right price.

splizaat

I just picked up one for $6000 WITH 38" Daige Laminator from original owner in GREAT shape. I would have paid $7500 for it though :) Best money I've ever spent. First thing I did was set it up and have a tech come out and do all tests, calibrate and clean it. From there, it's been a workhorse ever since!

splizaat

Nope...mine was bought about two months ago local to us. You won't be disappointed with that machine tho - get it!