• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300V not printing??

CrAkD

Trust me and buy new captops from Roland, not knock offs, Roland caps. Your black is drying, and the pump is not cleaning the head.

The rubber captops seal the heads and keep them from drying out. They go into the pump. If the caps are older or not sealing (or the foam inside them has swollen) the pump cannot pull ink through the head to clean and clear the heads.

The wipers are also an important part of keeping the heads good. Replace them as well.

Do you know how to do a manual cleaning? I do one every week and after every print job.

thanks for the reply how much do the captops and wipers run?

I watched a youtube video on how to do one I think I can do it I just have to get the cleaning solution.

player

thanks for the reply how much do the captops and wipers run?

I watched a youtube video on how to do one I think I can do it I just have to get the cleaning solution.

In Canada caps are around $50 each, and wipers around $15 each. The solution is around $75 for the larger bottle. Be sure to use Roland parts. They may seem pricy, but new heads are very expensive. You will also need swabs. You can get them from Swab-It on line. Same ones.

I am not sure which video you watched, but don't wipe the bottom of the head. When they first came out they said to do that, but later said definitely not to...

Sign Works

You will need to pick up one of these also. Got mine from a local feed store.

Attachments

• 80018.jpg
    80018.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 99

CrAkD

In Canada caps are around $50 each, and wipers around $15 each. The solution is around $75 for the larger bottle. Be sure to use Roland parts. They may seem pricy, but new heads are very expensive. You will also need swabs. You can get them from Swab-It on line. Same ones.

I am not sure which video you watched, but don't wipe the bottom of the head. When they first came out they said to do that, but later said definitely not to...

Yeah the video I saw said to put the carriage over the maintenance area and wipe the heads. Guess I wont do that. I have to talk to the shop I bought it from cause well searching for these captops they look like what he replaced when he came last week. Got everything printing but the black was bending now it's not printing at all so replacing them again wont likely fix it

player

Yeah the video I saw said to put the carriage over the maintenance area and wipe the heads. Guess I wont do that. I have to talk to the shop I bought it from cause well searching for these captops they look like what he replaced when he came last week. Got everything printing but the black was bending now it's not printing at all so replacing them again wont likely fix it

Yes do the carriage maintenance thing. You turn the front power button off. Then hold the cleaning button down, and turn the power back on. This puts it in the manual cleaning mode.

When you clean the head, you wipe all 4 SIDES to remove the ink from the sides. Just don't wipe the bottom of the head. I soak a swab, wipe the sides, using a Bounty paper towel I squeeze all the cleaner and ink out of the swab, re-soak the swab, and continue to wipe. I will use 1 to 3 swabs to clean the heads. I have a small bottle that has a little squirt top so I can put a few drops on the swab easily.

There is a trick when the head is not coming clean that you soak a swab with cleaner and bring it up to the bottom of the head and just barely touch the head so the cleaner can be pulled up out of the swab and into the nozzles. Hold the swab there for a minute or two, but do not move at all, and apply ZERO pressure.But I would not try this until you have replaced the caps and wiper, done the basic manual cleaning, and then let it sit for a day or two.

I find pressing the cleaning button daily on the front panel does more for removing deflections and keeping the head clear than anything. Plus the weekly manual cleaning.

And good caps and wipers...

player

Also when you take off the plastic cover over the whole right side, there is a contact switch you need to push in or the display will say something about the cover and or dried heads and will not dock the heads on the far left side.

Robert M

Air in the line

If you have air in the lines the problem is between the cartridge and the head. The printer works on the principle of negative pressure. As ink leaves the head it draws in ink from the damper to refill. if the system is leaking, air comes in rather then ink leaking out. My educated guess would be one of these
Leaky damper
bad O ring from ink like to damper
cracked manifold.
You still should change out the cap top as they are a wear item

all this can be found on our site www.solventinkjet.com

pm me and I will send you the tech manual

CrAkD

How are you making out OP?

I'm away on vacation for the weekend. The shop was supposed to send someone before Wednesday night and they didn't. I'll get back into it when I get back Monday my goal is to have this machine working by Friday....first payment on it due next week and I still haven't printed a single thing. Pretty frustrated.

CrAkD

just wanted to update everybody. I had a tech i met from here come over and give me a hand with this machine since the shop i bought it from wouldn't help me. He replaced a damper. cap tops and wipers are new. soaked heads 24 hours. black is still a mess looking like the black/cyan head needs to be replaced which is odd because the cyan looks ok but black looks awful.

splizaat

Our SP300V black/cyan head is similar. Cyan nozzles are PERFECT. Black head has about six small deflections....It happens.

Glad you got it sorted out. Even though the nozzle test is showing funky, have you tried printing anything? How do the actual prints look? Our black head has those deflections but no customer has ever mentioned it.

CrAkD

i do a lot of black on white stickers....we tried to do some tricks to try to hide the black defects but you could still see the banding if I can't get the shop to replace that print head I may try to sell some full color jobs to try and fund the replacement head.

print.jpg

Dionisio

Hey, did you check if you have a cracked manifold?
One of my DX4 printheds was drying out over night and the reason was
a broken tip out of the two tips on the manifold. That makes air leak in and makes printhead
looks clogged but it's only because it can't hold any ink in it.
Get damper off and try very-very gently with your finger tip to "feel" if the tip of the manifold it's broken.
Even the slightest crack can cause a problem like what seems on your jpgs. The manifolds are cheap to replace
but you have to take the printhead out, replace and then put it back on.
The real trouble is to re-calibrate the heads though...

phototec

i do a lot of black on white stickers....we tried to do some tricks to try to hide the black defects but you could still see the banding if I can't get the shop to replace that print head I may try to sell some full color jobs to try and fund the replacement head.

View attachment 102751

I didn't use my printer for two weeks and had a similar test print like yours, I did a couple of print head soakings (over night) and also the trick using a swab soaked with cleaning solution and VERY VERY LIGHTLY let it touch the surface of the black print head to dissolve the dried ink on the head (DO NOT RUB or DRAG on the head, just light pressure.

My black test print looked worse than yours at first, then after doing as noted above, I have almost a perfect test print now. So both the head soaking and the swab trick worked for me.

InkjetAuction

Update...

Just a quick update for everyone...

Since the OP is located in my service area I offered to help him through his predicament.

It's a story on how you should never buy a used machine without seeing it print first...NEVER!

I wrote up a full condition report and put it into the OP's hands... with my name on it... and he visited the dealer today. It is my understanding that the dealer is going to make it right and replace the black/cyan head along with the cut carriage cable at the end of this week.

~E

P.S. For those who do not know, I do this for a living (8 years with Roland gear, 28 years total) and have a wall full of pretty plaques from my friends in Irvine.

CrAkD

Just a quick update for everyone...

Since the OP is located in my service area I offered to help him through his predicament.

It's a story on how you should never buy a used machine without seeing it print first...NEVER!

I wrote up a full condition report and put it into the OP's hands... with my name on it... and he visited the dealer today. It is my understanding that the dealer is going to make it right and replace the black/cyan head along with the cut carriage cable at the end of this week.

~E

P.S. For those who do not know, I do this for a living (8 years with Roland gear, 28 years total) and have a wall full of pretty plaques from my friends in Irvine.

He is correct the dealer is coming to replace the head and cable on friday! Thanks for all the replies guys I will update this thread once the new head is in!

CrAkD

image.jpg

Thanks for everyone's help! I'm in business! Head was replaced today he's coming back to replace the cut/carriage cable on Monday but I'm good for now.