• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300V not printing??

CrAkD

Hey Guys,

I just picked up a SP-300V finally got everything installed and the printer is taking jobs from flexi and versa works but it just prints blank.....I reseated the ink cartridges and ran the cleaning haven't had any luck. Shop I bought it from is sending someone over to get it going sometime this week but was wondering if there was anything I could try to get it going on my own.

CrAkD

what does the nozzle check show?

How do I run the nozzle check? I did a head washing wasted a ton of ink then ran a test print from versa works and is what it printed before I cancelled it.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 497

Morph1

Print all
man why would you buy this without seeing it print...,
looks like you may need to spend additional $2000 to get it going...

DizzyMarkus

looks like the nozzle check was head striking also :0(

boy better read up some before playing further :0)

Markus

CrAkD

the rep from the place I bought it from came and repaired it today. I had to come home from work to meet him so I was in kind of a rush did't realize the black was banding because the light where the printer is sucks currently but when I came home later at night to print some jobs I noticed it immediately.

banding.jpg

splizaat

Hold "TEST PRINT" until it beeps and show us a picture of the test print/nozzle check. My bet on the banding black would be that not all nozzles are firing or deflecting. Could clear up over time.....could be an issue only solved with replacing the black/cyan head. Either way, if you're actual print jobs aren't showing the banding, I'd run it until a customer mentions something.

CrAkD

Hold "TEST PRINT" until it beeps and show us a picture of the test print/nozzle check. My bet on the banding black would be that not all nozzles are firing or deflecting. Could clear up over time.....could be an issue only solved with replacing the black/cyan head. Either way, if you're actual print jobs aren't showing the banding, I'd run it until a customer mentions something.

It was banding last night seems it got worse overnight. Now it's printing black purpleish not all the way filled in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 354

player

Replace the caps if they are old with Roland captops... for a start. Clean and or replace the wipers as well.

You are using Roland cleaning fluid?

CrAkD

Replace the caps if they are old with Roland captops... for a start. Clean and or replace the wipers as well.

You are using Roland cleaning fluid?

My just bought this printer used from a supply shop I've never owned one before so I'm still researching upkeep but since the thing hasn't printed 1 solid job since I've taken delivery Ive had them come out and service it he cleaned it some fluid replaced some black tube looking things? And got it somewhat printing but the black still looks like crap.

player

You need to learn the basic parts and maintenance routines for your printer.

Never touch the bottom of the heads.

splizaat

Could be cap tops....If black is printing purplish, that's not necessarily crazy. The black/blue are the same head, so somehow ink is making it over from the blue side to the black side. I'd lean toward cap tops needing replacing, but the blue seems to be pulling through the head fine. Hmmm

phototec

It will also help if you try Soaking your heads, whenever my black (or any color gets clogged like yours, I do a head soaking and it has always got my heads back.

I have attached a Head Soaking Guide I made (PDF) for my SP-540v, however your printer is the same, just not as wide.

Follow the instructions, it should help!

Attachments

• SP-540v Head Soaking Guide.pdf
    243.9 KB · Views: 770

splizaat

This is another crazy outlandish Idea too but It might be worth checking. Pull that black ink cartridge out and make sure they haven't cut the tab off the ink cartridge and that there's actually ink in the black cartridge if you shake it.

splizaat

Well that's no reason to punish him and leave him without any advice. If we can help him, we should. This forum is a place for people to help people.

If you bought it from a roland dealer, that dealer should have showed you everything about cleaning etc before they left. If not, make them come back and show you how to manually clean it with swabs and cleaning fluid etc.

CrAkD

Is there a way to pump just the black? The other 3 colors work fine and when I take the cover off I can see air bubbles in the black hose but not the other 3.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 332

player

Trust me and buy new captops from Roland, not knock offs, Roland caps. Your black is drying, and the pump is not cleaning the head.

The rubber captops seal the heads and keep them from drying out. They go into the pump. If the caps are older or not sealing (or the foam inside them has swollen) the pump cannot pull ink through the head to clean and clear the heads.

The wipers are also an important part of keeping the heads good. Replace them as well.

Do you know how to do a manual cleaning? I do one every week and after every print job.