• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp-300v Printing with a Red Hue

Westwood

Hi, My Roland Sp-300v is printing everything with a redish hue.

I have printed in FlexiSign, and Versaworks...same result.

When printing even a small picture 2" x 3" the heads are returning to the Capping station for a recharge with the pump going, the captops are full of ink when I can see them then after the pump cycles, they are dry and it continues to print....

Any Suggestions?, I have cleaned the lines from the captops to the bottle with solvent and a syringe, the ink pulls through fine...

I am attaching an original image that I downloaded and a copy of how it is printing...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Versacamm Direct.jpg
    Versacamm Direct.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 218

player

Looks like you have some banding going on as well. Can you post a photo of the test print bars? I think you might be out of yellow.

Westwood

I will do a test print and get the photo's tomorrow..thanks, I did other photo's and have the same result. I do have a picture of the captops taken right after the test print button is pressed,they are both Full of ink.... the heads then move to do a cleaning and when the test print is being printed, the cap tops are down all the way where I can see the sponge. CT.jpg

player

Your pump is not working or your caps are clogged.

Do you do a maintenance cleaning once or twice a week?

When did you last replace your captops? Wipers?

Take a syringe and hook it up to the black captop hoses before the pump with the head off the captops in maintance mode.
Draw the plunger to suck on the captops. Do you draw or are they clogged? Add some cleaner and draw to clean them out a bit.
If there is absolutely no issues with the then it probably is your pump hoses. Even if there are issues with the caps the pump may still
be clogged or worn out.

Your printer looks like it has seen a lot of action. It is very crusty down there!

Also when have you replaced the sponges in front of the wipers?

Judging by the amount of dried ink built up around the wipers I suspect cleaning and maintenance have been lacking perhaps?

Last edited:

DRamm76

Not only could that thing use a serious cleaning but you may also want to try printing from Versaworks and adjusting the color settings as well.

What profiles and media are you currently using?

First and foremost, that machine needs to be cleaned, replace the wipers, captors, mist pads clean it inside and out.

Westwood

Test Print.jpg
Hi, Here is a test print... The captops were just replaced about 2 months ago, The wipers or sponges have not been replaced, I did put some cleaning solution in both captops and pull it all the way through the lines and pump to where it drains into the bottle.I usually clean it about once a week, I bought it used and have made stickers etc with it, But this is the first time I am actually trying to print photo's, I have used Versaworks with a generic vinyl 2 profile and an Oracal 3651 Profile, the vinyl I have is Oracal 3641G.

Thank You

Cyw

My thoughts exactly.
how can you possibly be cleaning once a week......what the heck are you cleaning?

player

View attachment 95139
Hi, Here is a test print... The captops were just replaced about 2 months ago, The wipers or sponges have not been replaced, I did put some cleaning solution in both captops and pull it all the way through the lines and pump to where it drains into the bottle.I usually clean it about once a week, I bought it used and have made stickers etc with it, But this is the first time I am actually trying to print photo's, I have used Versaworks with a generic vinyl 2 profile and an Oracal 3651 Profile, the vinyl I have is Oracal 3641G.

Thank You

I am not sure but are you supposed to be able to pull ink through the pump? I have never tried that before with a syringe.

Your printer is so dirty you could get a perfect test print and the next day it could look like your picture or worse. All the lines should print and print centered. When they are not evenly spaced that is called deflection from either a partial clog or damaged nozzle. Of course when they are missing it is completely clogged or damaged.

If you want to get a decent print with what you have use a Versaworks profile for the same type of vinyl (calendered, cast etc.) and set it to high resolution. Some of the profiles have the higher res available. This may help your issues improve for now.

Have you ever cleaned the encoder strip? You can remove the entire top cover to access it. (Do not use and chemicals, just pure osmosis water with maybe 10% isopropyl alcohol. Be very careful. Others here may offer a better cleaning liquid than I have.)

Have you ever done any of the alignment tests for the heads? They may help a bit with the banding if you are not aligned.

Have you ever done an environment setting? Very easy, just find it in the menu and hit enter.

madsign25

Check the yellow ( damper ,tube ,cartridge ) mybe magenta ink back to yellow line because clogging in the cap and the cap tube clean it or replaced.