• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP 540 Versacamm owners....

klmjff

I have a chance to pick up a used one of these and I was wondering how you guys like the printer. Pros and cons? Thanks

ZsVinylInc

When I first started it was great but now that I am getting busier and busier I am really starting to notice the slow printing speeds. I can't wait to get to the point where I can either afford another faster machine or just a stand alone printer.

inthesignbiz

Absolutely love it.
Don't know how we got along without it.

'tis a little slow.
But, there's always other things
to do while waiting for prints.

anotherdog

The perfect machine to get into the market with, workhorse, easy to use, forgiving.
It is slow, but by the time that becomes an issue you will have a self sustaining business.

From there you have the luxury of faster less forgiving machines.

kustomkoncepts

Roland has a Trade in program running right now and will give $6,000 trade in on a old 540sp toward a new XC and the SP is now a obsolete model.

My 540SP has been a wreck always something wrong with it. but the times it works yes it is great and yes very slow. Takes about 1.5HR to print 10 linier feet full width standard mode.

if I did not still owe $4,000 on it I would let Roland have it back and get the XC.

if you are getting it for about $3,000 go for it and get into the market then step up to a VP or XC

klmjff

Wow! Everyone else here says its a great working printer. Can you guide me to where you can buy one of these printers for $3k? I never have seen the SP 540 for that low. The lowest I've seen a SP 300 is $5k.

Samy98

Roland SP 540 Versacamm

Hello Evey body,
I'am also interested to buy this machine (Used) after all good thinks i heard about it.I live in Southern California,and i want to start a very small digital printing business.
If any one has any advice about starting this kind of business will be very helpful.

Thank you

Samy
Torrance Ca
310 941 5076

mark in tx

It is a very good machine.
Yes, a little slow, but when profiled correctly, and dialed in on the scan and feed settings, it will produce almost Giclee quality.

klmjff

Im not getting it now. If anybody wants one for $8k theres one for sale on Craigslist in El Monte, Ca. It only needs 2 printheads, dampers, and a bunch of other stuff to run properly. What a joke....