• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V Horizontal Banding Issue

player

Replaced dampers, caps, wipers... now my yellow completely dropped out... ?
Sounds like you cracked the spigot the damper seats onto. Once it's cracked air leaks in. Or you blew a fuse, but that would kill the magenta and yellow.

Get out a magnifier and look at the yellow damper around the spigot to see if there is any ink drops that would indicate it is cracked.

Ramsey_Wraps

Yea it broke... i found a print head manifold on amazon, has anyone replaced one before or had any luck in just replacing the plastic part instead of the entire printhead?

Last edited:

Ramsey_Wraps

Installed new manifold on print head and noticed the wiper scraper was trashed so I replaced it, but the new scraper was black and not clear like the old one. Tried it anyways, but the wipers can't move past the scraper. Is this the wrong scraper or has anyone else had this same issue?

Joe House

If you had a clear one before, it wasn't OEM. Roland wiper scrapers are black. It's likely that it's not installed correctly. When you install it, you should be able to push the bottom towards the back without any resistance and then it should be rigid when pushing the bottom towards the front. Post a picture if you can't figure it out.

Good Luck

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
If you are using aftermarket wipers, this is likely your problem with the wipers not coming out. Most aftermarket wipers are stiffer than Roland OEM wipers and the wiper motor isn't strong enough to overcome this stiffness on the outward movement. Either use OEM or Solventinkjet sells an aftermarket wiper that works well. You must tell them you want the soft wiper for the Roland. I have had good luck with these wipers on my service calls.

Regards,
Jim Hancock

Ramsey_Wraps

Ok finally back up and printing but I’m still having the same issue with the magenta dropping out at the left side of the print? Replaced dampers, wipers, scraper and no luck? Anyone know what I should try next?

Attachments

• 309D6931-66E5-425D-AFC4-955E5478DA38.jpeg
    309D6931-66E5-425D-AFC4-955E5478DA38.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 238