• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V "Printer is disconnected" but isn't

SLECsign

I have to complete a job and my printer started saying it was disconnected when it is not. It was just working yesterday and nothing was touched, inducing all the wiring of the ethernet cables. I don't understand what the problem could be. I was thinking possible IP address issue but i cant figure it out and i don't know enough information about it. Any thoughts?

LarryB

Have you tried to restart your computer? We had this same issue yesterday and fixed it by restarting the computer. Also wouldn't hurt to turn printer off and on.

Where do you get the error on the printer itself or on the computer when trying to print. If it's from the computer it is probably an issue with your IP not being static. So overnight something changed and the system set your printer to a new IP addresss. YOu should be able to find the address through the printers front panel and verify it is the same IP you are trying to print to from your RIP. If the error is on the printer panel then you have issues I can't address.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Versa Works updated this morning.

Versa Works updated this morning. We have the same problem.
ARGH! It happened before and it was a one click fix but I don't remember what it was.
Nothing on the Roland Forum. Great! Of course, printer needs to run this weekend.

Ragnabrok

Usually changing the IP address of the printer (and matching it in VW) fixes this. You can use InterCon Net-tool (free, just google it) to change the IP adress, it will be something like 192.168.1.101, just change the last digit to soemthing else like 192.168.1.205, match it in VW and should be good to go.