• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V prints white lines

Raxxis

After consulting the manual, adjusting feed calib., adjusting print calib, cleaning and standing upside down beside the printer, I figured I am out of ideas how to fix this.

I am getting very thin but very visible horizontal white lines in dark prints( e.g. black, dark brown etc.) The printer itself has only worked for 480 hours. :help

Raxxis

No no, It dosen't print in that area. I added a picture
View
I've edited it a bit so the stripes would be clearly visible

badalakis

After consulting the manual, adjusting feed calib., adjusting print calib, cleaning and standing upside down beside the printer, I figured I am out of ideas how to fix this.

I am getting very thin but very visible horizontal white lines in dark prints( e.g. black, dark brown etc.) The printer itself has only worked for 480 hours. :help
Hi dear Sir,
You can try power cleaning or proprer media type profile!
Good luck

DRamm76

I know you mentioned you went through many steps to try to resolve this issue, but could you advise us of what those steps were? Perhaps something is being overlooked?

Velocity

Your encoder strip may be dirty in that specific area, try gently wiping the strip with a lint free cloth. be carefull not to kink it.

Velocity

wups missed the horizontal portion of your conversation. HRM would have to say profile.

what profile? what material? what rip software?

Artildawn

just curious, does it do it with all media or just the one shown? It looks like the ink is pooling along the grain to me.

Sabre

We had something similar to that once that was resolved in the heater controls. Maybe check and make sure they aren't out.

Ok...first, what does your TEST PRINT look like..is it missing any patters? Do the lines appear on other brands of the same type of vinyl...cheap vinyl is crap. What profile(s) are you using...profiles make a huge difference. Is your printer firmware updated..not much help with the SP but can't hurt. How old are the heads...I doubt they are worn out, but I have to ask (6 billion shots is an average life). What heat setting(s) do you have it set to...too hot or too cold will affect the print. Is your heads clean...clean heads print best (imagine that!). If you have done all this, and it's still banding, you may have to call your local Roland dealer for more advise. I hope this helps your printer and print quality.

anotherdog

oh boy this could be so many things.

If you have just cleaned it and all your test prints look fine...(alignment, calibration etc.)
The first thing, is this happening on just the one media?
If it's the one media its your profile or you are just using cheap crap.
if it prints the same on all media I think you are looking at a machine issue. Then it could be heads, heaters, encoder strip or even humidity. As above you may find it faster is not cheaper to ask the local Roland tech this question. They have seen it all and know right away.

Just one thought, try a test print unidirectional or slow the head down.

I guess this is where experience counts.

Raxxis

Thanks guys! It was the print head, since it was a used machine it had dried. Now I've got a new head and the quality is good

Thanks for the posts!