• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP-540V

Kirbyco

Hi- I am looking for a repair person that can work on my Roland SP-540V. I am in the Tampa Bay area (Florida). It is not ready to be put out to pasture, but my dealer will no longer work on them...
I would appreciate any recommendations.
Carrie

rjssigns

Depending on what needs doing they aren't complicated to work on. Encoder strips are super easy. Encoder boards are easy. Ribbon cables are easy, but I had my wife help since her hands are small. She fished them right through in about a minute. Cap tops are easy, just don't lose the springs underneath. They can fly out. Dampers are easy too. You get the idea.

Never did a head replacement though.

Mantaworld

I would be happy to send you an electronic service manual for this machine should you wish to perform work on this printer yourself...really quite easy to follow along.

Terry01

Depending on what needs doing they aren't complicated to work on. Encoder strips are super easy. Encoder boards are easy. Ribbon cables are easy, but I had my wife help since her hands are small. She fished them right through in about a minute. Cap tops are easy, just don't lose the springs underneath. They can fly out. Dampers are easy too. You get the idea.

Never did a head replacement though.
Heads are easy too. when changing out dampers, you are only 6 screws and 2 springs away from replacing the heads. Manual alignment and then digital alignment all done in about 30mins.

FrankW

In 25 years, I have never replaced an encoder board on a 300 or 540.
Me two times. By the way: the SP300 is available since September 2003, so around 18 years, the SP540 since late 2004, so 17 years. Just about „25 years …“.

Scan Motors are not available anymore too.

Terry01

I hope you will get one when you order it. And it will be in the correct specifications.
I order and fit them to all 300 and 540 printers I sell. They are correct specification and have never had a fail on them. Scan motor, endcoder strip, captops,dampers, pump, carriage bearings, and heads are all replaced before I send a printer out and have never had a complaint.