• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland sp300 black ink issue

SKINZ

hello ,

Images included of test print & image of as follows

first A c=100 , m=100 , y=100 , k=100
2nd A c=0 , m=100 , y=0 , k=0
3rd A c=0 , m=0 , y=100 , k=0
4th A c=0 , m=0 , y=0 , k=100
5th A c=100 , m=0 , y=0 , k=0

Colours printed perfectly , just having this issue with black !
is this the black side of the print head gone bad an in need of replacing ? or possibly something else.
print test.jpg sp300 converted to V.jpg

Any advice would be welcome
thanks

metrographics

Your black head test print looks pretty bad... When is the last time you did a manual clean?

I would try doing a manual clean, replace your wipers if they need it, then run a medium clean and see if any of that clears up. Your magenta is misfiring in a couple spots as well.

-MetroGraphics

SKINZ

Hello,

Black is bad yes , wipers etc all new..its really odd as ive gone from printing a superb print to this literally overnight. ive had no period of time where ive noticed degradation.

metrographics

It's possible the captop is bad and not circulating the black ink properly and you got some ink built up on the head. I know Roland wouldn't advise you to do this but Ive done it plenty of times. You could take your cleaning swab, soak it with fluid, and carefully hold it on the black head top gently for a few minutes to see if the head clears up at all. Do not rub or brush the head at all!

SKINZ

thankyou , will give that a try .i have ordered a new head just incase. Its the first time i've had this problem in 3 years of ownership of the old girl.Always maintained and cleaned.(by myself) so a print head isnt that much of a scare. just totally unexpected

phototec

It's possible the captop is bad and not circulating the black ink properly and you got some ink built up on the head. I know Roland wouldn't advise you to do this but Ive done it plenty of times. You could take your cleaning swab, soak it with fluid, and carefully hold it on the black head top gently for a few minutes to see if the head clears up at all. Do not rub or brush the head at all!

I agree and have done this a few times with very good results, just remember DO NOT RUB or APPLY VERY MUCH PRESSURE, just a very LIGHT TOUCH so the cleaning solvent can soak up into the head.

thankyou , will give that a try .i have ordered a new head just incase. Its the first time i've had this problem in 3 years of ownership of the old girl.Always maintained and cleaned.(by myself) so a print head isnt that much of a scare. just totally unexpected

Hey Skinz,

Be sure to let all of us know how this all works out (if the new caps and possible new head resolves the issue).

Ultimately, if the issue continues, it our recommendation to contact your authorized Roland dealer and they'll get the printer running well (just an idea).

Take care,
Roland Tech Support
rn