• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP300V color problems?!

SpazSigns

The heart is supposed to be red?

and the hello kitty supposed to be pink?

I've printed both and turned out perfect before now this?

I've tried a cleaning & pulling cartridges out and putting back in also.

Attachments

• photo 2 (1).jpg
    photo 2 (1).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 100
  • photo 1 (1).jpg
    photo 1 (1).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 100

CS-SignSupply

+1

Also seeing drag lines in the black that are probably from something (fuzz, hair, etc) on the bottom of the head.

When was the last time you changed the Wipers, Scraper and/or Mist Sponge? Captops?

Your test print should be the FIRST print done every day. If it is in bad shape, you can not expect quality print results.

CS-SignSupply

Clogged nozzles and contaminated captop/head on magenta/yellow

Interesting how clogged nozzles follow same pattern on 3 of the colors (both heads). Scratched printheads maybe?

Replace captops, wipers and do NORMAL clean. Head soak may work but my guess is that the captops have not been changed in a long while.

What inks are you using?

CS-SignSupply

AND....... Change the sheetcut blade. The front edge of that media is horrible. Clean sheet cut blade will reduce paper dust.

anotherdog

That looks like a band of crap across the head.

is this print post cleaning?

Some shops have such a high rotation of staff, sometimes the guy doing the printing doesn't know everything about the machine. I have seen some heads caked in ink, not having even basic maintenance in over a year.

CS-SignSupply

Thank you for the PM and sorry if it felt like I was beating you up. Not intended.

As for general cleaning, youtube has some great stuff on it that may help you out. Click here.

If not, call me at 678-735-3200 and I will help walk you through the process.

Did you purchase this unit recently or recently become the operator?

BlueDuck

I have had this.
You are getting an ink leakage/cross over in the MY head
You almost certainly have a full cartridge of M and an empty(very low) Y
= An ink imbalance of some sort in the head/damper
Short tem solution
Replace the empty (y)cartridge with a new one. Print a block of yellow to run out the contaminated ink ,perhaps (0.5m2 or more.)
Long term solution = probably replace dampers. but I have not done that yet.

It is a bit scary when a job comes out wrong for some colour combinations
eg Y into the M causes dark blues to be dark green
Cheers B