• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540V prints to dark

krazykoncepts

Hey Guys looking for some help

I have a roland versacamm sp540v and am using versaworks as my rip software. Its doesn't matter what media profile I use everything prints dark. I have even downloaded new icc profiles and have the same problem. Can it be anything with the printer?

Just looking to troubleshoot this before I call in a tech.

CS-SignSupply

Does your nozzle test print CMYK? What media? Print dark on ALL files?

Have you tried changing the different density settings? Max Impact, Sign & Display, etc?

krazykoncepts

i haven't played around with the density settings much since I am very unfamiliar with them.

We have printed gloss sticker stock, canvas, 130z banner and its all dark.

All nozzels are firing, the scan isnt the greatest but see attached

Attachments

• nozzle test005.pdf
    163.5 KB · Views: 185

CS-SignSupply

Test print looks good. Have you run the Roland Color Chart from Versaworks to see if it prints dark?

Some setting is not correct in Versaworks or profile is wrong.

krazykoncepts

printing one out now...so far its looks just like the monitor give or take

why would the printer print the colour charts fine but not when a file is ripped?

CS-SignSupply

What are your files designed in? Embedded profile? other color settings being exported with the file from the design software?

krazykoncepts

print files are normally uploaded as a pdf and print/cut files are generally thrown into illusatrator to make cut contour lines then uploaded as a eps.

As for for embeded profiles or other colour settig being exported with the file, I dont think so. We arent doing anyting different when we design in house but regardless have the same problem with files that are sent to us from customers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds as if your monitor is way outta whack.

Try looking at the same file on someone else's computer/monitor.

You could very well be looking at a monitor which is so light, you need to design darker visually and this in fact messes with your end result.

krazykoncepts

tried various monitros and we get the same issues, we have even printed the same files through onyx on my agfa anapurna flatbed and its prints perfectly.