• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sp540v servo motor error 0080

Helvyn Santiago

Hi...again
H have an sp540v , a few days ago when the printer made its daily automatic on/off . When its came off some burning smell came from the machine ..quickly check it, when i power on again came this error scan motor error 0080 , so i turn off..check the carriage.. its ok, There's no media jam because at this moment i'm not using the printer..so i powered on again and when it started the cleaning process the carriage make a strange loud noise i think its a bad scan motor ...but it make a noise too when i use the feed motor its not as loud as the scan but still sounds strange too.. i take out the scan motor and check it's moving smooth and no sound came out of the unit... i'm thinking the problem what's probably the servo board... can anybody tell me how to check if the problem is the motor or the board... im afraid to buy the scan motor $400 and have to buy the servo board $900.00 too i call the technician.. (there's two or three in the area.. but h'es the only one that i trust but sadly he is out of the country in training camps... need help ASAP... Excuse my poor english Spanish its my main language.

Helvyn Santiago

Also when the cleaning process finished i send a test print from the pc it start , but stock in the heating process and didnt do anything else.

Helvyn Santiago

Checking others post to found the problem ...they are taking about the linear bearing and the carriage bearings,(printing head and cutting heads) so i manually run the cutting carriage across the rail and no grinding sound came from the carriage but when i send cutting data , the carriage made this grinding sound also when i move the carriage by the arrow keys its star the noise before the carriage start to move.. and all the time that i send data to print or cut the printer stock in the NOW HEATING process so i have to press the pause button to star cutting or printing... ill be MAD!!!

Ryan Wagener

Hi.

I am having the exact same problem with my sp540v, have replaced the servo board and the scan motor and its still doing the exact same thing.
Making a horrible sound and the carriage and grid shaft is shuddering. The gridshaft also turns/rolls intermittently.

Any help would be appriciated!

Helvyn Santiago

Actualization

Hi.

I am having the exact same problem with my sp540v, have replaced the servo board and the scan motor and its still doing the exact same thing.
Making a horrible sound and the carriage and grid shaft is shuddering. The gridshaft also turns/rolls intermittently.

Any help would be appriciated!

Well..i really dont remember what exactly i did to fix the problem....i remember that after i turn off the printer I turn it on in the service mode the printer start to print correctly again ( no creepy sounds)... i talk with the Technician late on this week and he tell that this is very strange maybe a servo board programing bug... Sorry i can't help you, because the machine fix itself...also my scan motor have 2.700 hours a lot for a motor that can be use without problems for only 2000 ( roland manual specifications) Check also the encoder band because i turn mine upside down too. Check also for loosen bolts in the carriages ... both of them.