• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland Sp540v Smearing Cyan Everywhere

SignShopGal

SignShopGal
I agree. Especially on legacy printers. I think if you pay for the machine you should get to know how to fix it yourself. There is a big fight going down with John Deere about this same issue. Farmers want to fix their tractors but John Deere won't let them!

That is the problem with a lot of heavy equipment owners. I got the PDF from a source who shall not be named, no viruses, just a clean PDF.

SignShopGal

SignShopGal
Hopefully you're doing this as a hobby or side job because you are going to spend a lot of time working on an old printer like that. Sometimes you need a witch-doctor more than a tech. It's hard to make money in a competitive market like ours even if everything works.
BTW if you blow the fuses on that mother-board from static discharge the replacements will have to be soldered in. And if you get it a little too hot you can toast the board. Make sure it's unplugged and you're grounded when you're working on it.

We've got the printhead coming, new dampers and new manifolds. One Week. Worth the wait.

Thank you all for your help here, Thanks for not criticizing me for being a noob/newb.

SignShopGal

SignShopGal
Hopefully you're doing this as a hobby or side job because you are going to spend a lot of time working on an old printer like that. Sometimes you need a witch-doctor more than a tech. It's hard to make money in a competitive market like ours even if everything works.
BTW if you blow the fuses on that mother-board from static discharge the replacements will have to be soldered in. And if you get it a little too hot you can toast the board. Make sure it's unplugged and you're grounded when you're working on it.

I'm still making some minor adjustments, but we have brought the beasty back to life!!! Joyful happy day folks!!
THANK YOU A MILLION! Test 2.jpg Test 1.jpg