• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540v

muzzy56

We had a bad electrical storm here in Aus Christmas Day
And now i cant get onto the ip address i have reset
but it wont save the new ip address anybody had this problem before
i took out the network card and reinstalled but it made no difference
the machine boots ok does a test print does all its suppose to but versa works can not see it on the network
Alan

CS-SignSupply

How is your printer connected to the computer? Direct connect with Crossover or through switch/router?

If connected to router, pull the tables and see what devices show up... look for the mac address of the printer. Our NETGEAR routers have this information in the 'attached devices' menu.

Ideas... change the cable, move to different port on switch/router

What is the IP of the printer set to?

Connect the printer to a PC using a Crossover cable. Then set the IP address of the PC NIC within range of the IP of the printer... IE if the printer IP is 10.0.1.5, set the computer IP to 10.0.1.10. Match the Subnet Mask (255.255.255.0). Then try to ping the Printer IP. If you get 100% packet loss, type: arp -a

You should see the IP address and MAC address of each, the computer and the printer.

Another option would be to to a factory reset on the Printer NIC.

muzzy56

Thanks Bobby i have pinged the address and it cant find it also there is no
contact with the server through the program it wont commincate at all
i will try a factory reset and see what happens i can reset the card but new info wont save
Alan

muzzy56

thats what i think no problems Insurance covers it all just a nuisance over the holidays it test prints and prints out the report fine just no communication and a pig that it is only network accessable

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas
Alan lol

Gabriel

Is there any lights blinking on your board? You can see them where the network cable is connected. If there is any lights blinking, then the board is fine. Try the network board of the computer. That might be the problem. You can find the IP of the printer using a small program named Printserver Netool. Of course, that is possible if your computer's network board is not fried.:Oops: Contact me with a PM for further details.. if you want.
Regards, and a Happy New Year everybody!!!:signs101:

Jack Knight1979

If the network lines aren't protected a surge could go from one computer to another via the network cable and fry the card.

Granted a printer should definitely plugged into a surge protector that has more amp protection than what the machines consumes.

Jack Knight1979

if you can, get one with a battery backup. It won't keep the machine running if there is a power failure, but it will condition the electricity and prevent restarts during brown outs, which is horrible.

I've had brown outs on 45' banners that are nearly done. I'm glad I had a battery back-up on the machine.