• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland STIKA PLUS STX-8 Cutter

WeBrandYou

Anyone have any experience with this cutter? We just acquired one which we hope to use to produce various stickers (die-cuts, contour cuts, etc.) and have been advised that it will do the job. But, would be grateful for any real world experience, tips, pointers, etc. from those of you who are much more experienced.

Thanks much!

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Years ago I was looking at getting one.
The salesman selling it (new) actually advised me against it.
He later sold me a 2nd hand Camm-1 which was by far better for our future needs than the sticka would ever have been.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Great little machine. Runs well for small jobs. Has it's own software if I remember correctly. We actually started using one of those when we first started cutting vinyl.

cconner

I have one of these that I aquired several years ago. It has been a great little machine, but it does have it's limitations.

Depending on the volume you are looking to produce, you will find this machine to be very slow. Also, for contour cutting, this machine does not have the buttons on the front panel to allow you to align the cutter with the registraton marks. This can still be done via software, but you will need to make sure the program you are using will support this feature (Flexisign 7.5 works just fine, Roland's Cutstudio/Dr. Stika does not).

Other than that, this is a great machine and should give you years for great service.

Last edited:

WeBrandYou

Thank you all so much for the relevant feedback. I'm looking forward to getting our cutter and putting it to work! One of the reasons we were attracted to it is that it takes 12" sign vinyl so we can produce a larger sticker/die-cut than we could on the SV-8.

Thanks again!

Techman

12 inch vinyl i svery hard to come by any more. In fact I hvae not seen 12" vinyl in any catalogs lately.
You could buy 24" inch and cut it down..

fozzyber

you could get it form SSK but they went under, I think they just slit a 24" roll and sold you half. When I had my stika I would buy 24" rolls and cut it my self.
the stickas can only cut up to just under 40" so I would rool out 40" of 24 and cut down the middle... a 10yd roll turns in to 20..
My stika served me well, I don't miss it. it was a stepper motor design, and for the money you can get an ebay job that is 24" stepper
But know I have my graphtec ce500-60 I'm really happy.
I am thinking about a graphtec 7000-160 now!!!