• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Truevis SG540

Signosaur

Hi all, I had a head strike yesterday and since then have had trouble getting a good print result after cleaning and calibrating. The colours almost seem out of registration. Pics attached before and after. Cheers.
40141614_10217915010572686_4735573027230580736_n.jpg
40102918_10217915011012697_374890300650291200_n.jpg

Joe House

If you didn't damage the head, you may have just knocked it out of alignment physically. Can you post a picture of the bottom of the print heads?

Signosaur

I think you can make out the sacrificial surround which has a tiny buckle in it.

Attachments

• 41315563_10218017501054884_3645304929284784128_n.jpg
    41315563_10218017501054884_3645304929284784128_n.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 474

Joe House

I should have asked you to post a picture of the nozzle test. There is more that can be learned from a nozzle test than if all nozzles are firing. I would guess that the nozzle test is not perfect, but would actually show the misalignment. Do the center colors overlap? Or is there a gap between them?

Signosaur

I should have asked you to post a picture of the nozzle test. There is more that can be learned from a nozzle test than if all nozzles are firing. I would guess that the nozzle test is not perfect, but would actually show the misalignment. Do the center colors overlap? Or is there a gap between them?

Attachments

• 41437838_10218050544480949_2501324932407885824_n.jpg
    41437838_10218050544480949_2501324932407885824_n.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 364

Joe House

It does look like your cyan/magenta head is knocked out of alignment. Luckily, it is still printing well. Those heads are not individually adjustable. My guess would be that if you looked at the bottom of the heads, head 2 might not be in there flat. The other possibility is that it is still flat, but moved towards the left in the back. If I were hired to fix this, I would start by slightly loosening the 2 screws that hold the head in place and see if the springs realign the head or try to reseat the print head if the bottom does not look parallel to the bed of the printer.

Good Luck

Signosaur

It does look like your cyan/magenta head is knocked out of alignment. Luckily, it is still printing well. Those heads are not individually adjustable. My guess would be that if you looked at the bottom of the heads, head 2 might not be in there flat. The other possibility is that it is still flat, but moved towards the left in the back. If I were hired to fix this, I would start by slightly loosening the 2 screws that hold the head in place and see if the springs realign the head or try to reseat the print head if the bottom does not look parallel to the bed of the printer.

Good Luck
Thanks Joe, I did have the technician up last week for a look, but he seemed a bit vague with his knowledge. I might have a fiddle. Cheers. I will keep you posted.

Signosaur

Good Luck
Hi Joe, thanks for the input. I released head screws and re-tightened. This has brought it back significantly. Not perfect but very, very close. This was a Roland technician that looked at it. I am going to a trade show tomorrow and will take down some samples to show them and hopefully get my money back after a complaint or two. Thanks again Joe House.

Cassie Peters

Glad I could help.
Hey Joe , issues with color printing really dark after changing cartridges and several cleanings still way too dark . Any suggestions? I cleaned the printer this am and all was fine , got a service call error and colors have been bad since I turned back on

Joe House

Yikes! What were the numbers on the Service Call Error? How does your nozzle test look? Also, when you turn it off for an error, you should turn it off in back as well as in front. I recommend that you unplug for about 5 minutes as well to make sure that all of the power has drained out of the system. Sometimes this will clear oddball things like this up. Next, check for firmware updates. Even if the firmware isn't bad, simply updating it can reset the brains and correct errors like this. You can get the latest Firmware version by clicking here.

Good luck.

Cassie Peters

Yikes! What were the numbers on the Service Call Error? How does your nozzle test look? Also, when you turn it off for an error, you should turn it off in back as well as in front. I recommend that you unplug for about 5 minutes as well to make sure that all of the power has drained out of the system. Sometimes this will clear oddball things like this up. Next, check for firmware updates. Even if the firmware isn't bad, simply updating it can reset the brains and correct errors like this. You can get the latest Firmware version by clicking here.

Good luck.
Not sure how to do a nozzle test ?
I was not in the shop when the service call error came up , it was mid print halted and stopped . She turned it off for almost 2 hours until I returned .

Joe House

Press Function > Cleaning > Test Print

Try unplugging and firmware upgrade. Without the code, I can't really provide any better direction on how to proceed though.

Cassie Peters

1A8C8CF6-0603-4AA7-A3CE-847E20F886F2.jpeg
1A8C8CF6-0603-4AA7-A3CE-847E20F886F2.jpeg

Good luck.

Cassie Peters

Try unplugging and firmware upgrade. Without the code, I can't really provide any better direction on how to proceed though.

Yes I did that, sorry didn't know the proper name of that test. The service call is 0389