• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Truevis SG540

Cassie Peters

89411FB9-581D-412B-B35E-4AD9734AD2B8.jpeg

Joe House

The 0380 error means that the printer doesn't think that the damper is filling when it should be. [Edit - the 0002 indicates that the error is on the Magenta channel] This could be as simple as the needle not puncturing the ink bag properly or the ink bag is empty and the empty sensor isn't working correctly. Check you ink bag, try a different one. Beyond that, I would get a Roland tech in to check it out. If it doesn't recur, then I wouldn't worry about it.
As for prints being darker, that could be that the damper really is full and the printer continues to pump ink to it - I'm really just speculating at this point. A tech should take a look at it if rebooting and firmware update doesn't fix this.

Good Luck

Joe House

Other than some missing nozzles, which wouldn't make prints any darker, and your feed adjustment needs to be increased, the nozzle test looks pretty good.

Cassie Peters

The 0380 error means that the printer doesn't think that the damper is filling when it should be. [Edit - the 0002 indicates that the error is on the Magenta channel] This could be as simple as the needle not puncturing the ink bag properly or the ink bag is empty and the empty sensor isn't working correctly. Check you ink bag, try a different one. Beyond that, I would get a Roland tech in to check it out. If it doesn't recur, then I wouldn't worry about it.
As for prints being darker, that could be that the damper really is full and the printer continues to pump ink to it - I'm really just speculating at this point. A tech should take a look at it if rebooting and firmware update doesn't fix this.

Good Luck
Ok thanks so much, service guy is a week out and 3 hours away from me !! Of course I have a huge workloaid this week ,.. did you see the pic of the nozzle test ?

Joe House

Ok thanks so much, service guy is a week out and 3 hours away from me !!
Ouch! I guess he has a huge workload this week too. Try the firmware update - that's an end user type of thing to do, and it's probably the first thing the tech will try if you don't do it.

Good Luck

Cassie Peters

Ouch! I guess he has a huge workload this week too. Try the firmware update - that's an end user type of thing to do, and it's probably the first thing the tech will try if you don't do it.

Good Luck
Ok , I've googled everything I can on the missing nozzles I will try the firmware update and go from there.. thanks again