• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland TrueVis

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Sure, we have noticed that certain profiles lay down WAY too much ink in black areas, to the point where the ink looks embossed it's so thick, our tech is pretty sure versaworks isn't respecting the ink limits in certain profiles and laying down 100 100 100 100 in these areas. It doesn't happen on files we create ourselves, only some client supplied files, we have developed a workaround for the time being, but Roland should be able to fix it in versaworks update.

Also the printer seems to lay down a extremely fine layer of magenta on areas that should be white, it's so fine you can't notice it without getting so close your nose touches the vinyl, but it is there.

Other than those 2 items, everything seems to be good, and both of those things are versaworks issues, not printer issues, so they should be an easier fix.

I'm running the VP-540 still...and on areas that are supposed to be white...it get's a very fine touch of color as well. (mostly yellow) Never understood that.
How do the inks handle being stretched for wraps?

CanuckSigns

Just got an email yesterday from Roland, looks like they are bringing out another Tru-Vis model with a 30" & 54" model available, no word on speeds yet though. I imagine this will be replacing the SP series printers judging by the price.

https://www.rolanddga.com/products/printers/truevis-sg-series-printer-cutters

My understanding is that Roland was under contract with Epson to supply print heads and ink for their printers, but that contract came to an end last year and Roland decided to move to Ricoh print heads and a different ink manufacturer, which they have branded Tru-Vis. I was told by my dealer that in the next year or so Roland will switch all their printer models to the new ink type and heads

tim99

Well this is rather lame.. they drop the price quite a bit and only major difference I see other than the name is its not a duel cmyk (or 7 color)

Just got an email yesterday from Roland, looks like they are bringing out another Tru-Vis model with a 30" & 54" model available, no word on speeds yet though. I imagine this will be replacing the SP series printers judging by the price.

https://www.rolanddga.com/products/printers/truevis-sg-series-printer-cutters

My understanding is that Roland was under contract with Epson to supply print heads and ink for their printers, but that contract came to an end last year and Roland decided to move to Ricoh print heads and a different ink manufacturer, which they have branded Tru-Vis. I was told by my dealer that in the next year or so Roland will switch all their printer models to the new ink type and heads

player

They state the 54" weight with stand is 392 lb (178 kg).

Is my VP540i that heavy?

Edit: VP540i is 247 lb (112 kg) with stand.

CanuckSigns

Well this is rather lame.. they drop the price quite a bit and only major difference I see other than the name is its not a duel cmyk (or 7 color)

if it's not dual CMYK than I would assume the print speeds are quite a bit slower than the VG series. Also the new series does not come standard with a takeup reel.

CanuckSigns

They state the 54" weight with stand is 392 lb (178 kg).

Is my VP540i that heavy?

Edit: VP540i is 247 lb (112 kg) with stand.

the area to the left and right of the print area on ours is massive! plus it's pretty much all metal construction, only a few plastic parts on it.
Our 64" printer is almost 10 feet wide after you account for the left and right sides.

byrne

Is there much of an odour from the ink? Is it the same as Ecosol?
One of the reasons we were going to go with Latex was because there wasn't much of a smell, but would go with Truevis because of the print/cut if no odour.

CanuckSigns

Is there much of an odour from the ink? Is it the same as Ecosol?
One of the reasons we were going to go with Latex was because there wasn't much of a smell, but would go with Truevis because of the print/cut if no odour.

I never noticed a smell from our old Roland's unless we were printing on banner or poster paper to be honest, but the tru vis has noticeably less odour when printing on those items than our old printer.

kokoras85

hello all i am new to this forum, i found this thread while i was searching for information about TrueVis. i will like to ask you, which one do you think is better out of these 2 the SOLJET Pro 4 XR-640 Printer/Cutter or the TrueVIS SG Series Printer/Cutters. my company wants to upgrade our old soljet (sc 545ex) and its between those two.

thank you

Hollywoodsigns

Designer, printer
Watsons Signs.

Was wondering if a few months later you still like your VG printer. We are have one delivered tomorrow as our VS just blew it's second $3000 print head in a year. I guess 6 years was a good run.

What Ink set up do you have? We are getting White ink and was wandering how it worked?