• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland TruVis VG-540 Print / Cut Issues with FlexiSign & Print (Version 12)

bartm160

Recently bought this printer brand new about a month ago and we have it setup with the most current and up to date version of Flexi 12 but the print / cut alignment is off.

The printer produces beautiful prints but has never print / contour cut correctly from day one with Flexi.

The Tech that delivered the printer has performed all the calibration tests and setups and showed us from his personal laptop that it did perform an accurate print / cut result but he was using Versaworks and not our Flexi.

The people at Flexi suggested we perform and output size compensation test as the only remedy they could think of, which we did and no better results. Beyond that, Flexi is saying it's the printer and not their software. They're saying they have many other customers who own the VG-540 and successfully use Flexi 12 without this issue. So the question is why are we getting this result?

Here's what we've tried:

To eliminate the possibility of a bad cable, I purchased a brand new crossover cable and I made certain it was a crossover cable and not a standard Ethernet.

Roland suggested that we update the firmware, which we did update to version 2.7

Within Flexi from the Rip/Print screen, we’ve tried sending jobs as a print only jobs with crop marks and the contour is off.

We’ve also tried sending jobs as hybrid jobs with “no crop marks” and this seems to contour a little more accurately but still not good. The larger the print job, the more inaccurate the contour cut on the print.

We’ve also tried sending jobs as a hybrid jobs with crop marks. The machine will not automatically detect the marks, so we have to remove the print, line it back up and manually scan. It will detect the marks but again the contour is way off.

We did make an observation that we thought looked strange but the people at Flexi said it was okay. In the rip / print screen in Flexi, when you select an option that says "with crop marks", the cutter name that appears
is not the VG-540 but rather the XC-540 which is a different model.

Hoping anyone that has experienced this or something similar to this might be able to shed some light on this issue for us.

Thank you for your help

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you setup the VG in Flexi did you set it up as a hybrid or did you set it up as a printer and separate cutter?

Dallas225

Why can’t you send to versaworks from Flexi? We run the newest flexi and theres a button right by the print button at the top of the screen that exports the file we are creating directly to versaworks with zero effort but clicking the button and hitting ok.. we use the flexi rip for our latex but export to versaworks for the Roland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanuckSigns

The only real way to test this is to run the same job from flexi and from versaworks. If it works fine from versaworks than it's a flexi issue, if not it's an issue with the machine.

We had a vg640 that couldn't cut accurately to save it's life, so it is entirely possible it's an issue with the printer, but you need to run both programs and report back.

bartm160

Why can’t you send to versaworks from Flexi? We run the newest flexi and theres a button right by the print button at the top of the screen that exports the file we are creating directly to versaworks with zero effort but clicking the button and hitting ok.. we use the flexi rip for our latex but export to versaworks for the Roland.

Thank you, I didn't know that I will give it a try.

bartm160

Hi Bart did you get your issues resolved?

Hi - thanks for checking but not yet unfortunately. A tech guy from Roland is going to remotely dial in today and install Versaworks on the computer that we have the VG connected to, so we can test the same job and compare both Versaworks and Flexi. This should narrow it down to either a software or printer issue.

C5 Service&Repair

When you do the print/cut alignment test print, and the machine prints the 3 black boxes and then cuts them out, are all three of them cut in the same fashion?
Meaning, if the one closest to the capping station is off say, up a little and to the right a little, is the one on the far left of the media off the exact same amount?

mleg1972

That send to VersaWorks button doesn't work with the new VersaWorks dual. Flexi needs to fix that. All they need to do is export the file as an eps, or use the RVW virtual driver and print to VersaWorks right from Flexi.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jlcaudle

Im running the exact same setup here in my shop with no problems what so ever. I set mine up as a hybrid and it cuts beautiful and accurate every time. Also the send to VesaWorks Dual feature does work in Version 12 to the latest version of VW Dual. As mentioned early if it works right in VW then you have maybe a corrupt install. After I started writing my own profile I hardly ever use Versaworks unless it is for a media I don't have a profile created for that VW has.