• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versa Camm VP-540

dlndesign

Roland Versa Camm VP-540. Not detecting contour cut marks automatically or manually. What do you do next?

vectorterrorist

Are you using versworks at all with your program? For mine I had problem too and needed help...but if I was you I would use thr rip program that goes hand in hand with your machine and then use the roland (magenta) swatch to add your cut lines-

is this something that didnt happen from the get go or did you try it for the first time and it's not working?

dlndesign

I am using Versa Works, and I had used the Cut Contour Swatch, but no go.

Also, I have come across another issue. When Adding a contour cut line to a complicated graphic, with both inside and outside of the graphic, cuts.

Why when you ask Flexi to do a Contour cut line, does it only grab the outside of the graphic? Is it a type of grouping, am I not converting it all to curves? Because I had to go through the process 3 times to make sure that I had access to all my vectored lines that needed to be cut.

BBworks

Roland Crop Marks

You can use FlexiSign to set up crop marks and contours; as for the inside shape cut lines, you have to select "with holes" in the contour menu. Not the Arrange>contour menu.
Also! If you are using gloss vinyl or laminate you may eed to cover your crop marks with something matte finish; matte laminate works well or even etchmark.

Last edited: