• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland versa works Issue

rob nichols

When I import a TIFF file to print - I get a garbled image in the preview as attached. The tiff file shows correct if previewed in any other program. I have re-exported the file a few times and restarted versa works... No Fix. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 87

rob nichols

I know it will be grainy - I was referring to the garbled area. I restarted Corel and re-exported. Fixed the issue. Thanks for the reply.

ams

If it printed like that, it's a layer issue I bet. I know PDFs hate layers, don't know why,

player

I wouldn't say that exactly. You just better know what is *IN* that PDF and how it was built.

What would I have to watch out for with PDF? I have had some goofy stuff with PDFs that were not layered or complicated in any way. One I remember had a gradient, but the image was a tiff inside the pdf. The gradient was goofed.

CL Visual

I've ran into that issue before with client supplied files from corel and xara. I import to photoshop and flatten and that always solves the problem.

oksigns

What would I have to watch out for with PDF? I have had some goofy stuff with PDFs that were not layered or complicated in any way. One I remember had a gradient, but the image was a tiff inside the pdf. The gradient was goofed.

For Versaworks, you'd have to watch out for any live raster effects and, in some instances based on which Acrobat preset was used and how the file was built, many many many generated masks which undoubted lead to contour and perf cut reading problems. Sometimes whole elements, if grouped objects were included as effects, will not be acknowledged by VW so it is wise to flatten that stuff out.