• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versacamm Contour Cut

Alpha Star

There are a lot of variables... tell us if you have a good knowledge of these aspects, or if you need help on any of them:

-Cut force
-Proper blade, and where to get them
-Blade extension
-Cut speed
-Setting up the graphics properly
-Cleaning your grit rollers
-Loading the media straight
-Inspecting pinch rollers
-Vacuum power
-Print/cut offset adjustment

anotherdog

My versacam cuts great! So yours can cut great too.

most likely your knife is blunt or too far out of the holder or your pressure is too high and you are digging furrows. It is also very likely you have buggered up your cutting strip too.

Since this is your sixth post and you are incapable of typing more than two lines of text to describe the issue, we shall dispatch a signs 101 tech to come fix it.

Go sit by your front door.

rjssigns

Our SP540 will print/cut accurately until it either runs out of ink or material. Once we laminate for contour cutting it is another story. If it is lettering with holes we can usually go 5 feet long by 54" wide. Extremely simple "blob" contours(think rectangle with one rounded end)with no extraneous movement we've gone 11 feet. Once.

If you read the specs carefully(fine print) our rigs are capable of somewhere between +- 0.2% to 0.4% over distance traveled.(both SP300 and SP540) The really fine print says only when using Roland media sized at 1600mm x 1400mm.(SP540V)
If you dig a little deeper the optimum environmental range is no less than 68 degrees F and 55% non-condensing humidity.

We "zero" our equipment on a regular basis and this is as good as it gets. Even our tech said our SP is freakishly accurate when running the calibrations. I temper that realizing they are only calibration parameters not real world.

anotherdog

I think the issue is the blade is not completing the cuts. I'm sure I have seen this isue dealt with in the past. Is there a setting for 45 or 60 degree blades?

this may be the offset in the cutting menu. Mine is set to 0.250mm.
Have a look at that.