• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland versacamm Ink clog?

Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me out.
I have a versacamm sp300v. The machine doesn't get used much since I have just relocated to a new area. When I went to use it yesterday I only have black and blue. My magenta and yellow are missing in my test print. Last night we did the powerful cleanings several times. We read on another forum to put cleaning solution in the capping station so we did that last night and let it set. This morning I tested it again and still no magenta and yellow.
Can someone tell me if I should get a syringe and try to pull the ink? The only thing I remember is that the tech had to do this but I don't know the process. Can any one suggest any information for my problem?

I would really appreciate any help.
Thank you,
Stacy

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Yeah, I had this same problem when I moved locations and my printer was down. I would suggest changing the caps for the 2 colors too. The syringe worked for me when all else failed.
You need to remove the hose that goes directly to the underside of the cap that is clogged. Plug the syringe into the hose and then make sure the heads are parked. Slowly pull on the syringe and you should start to see ink being pulled. If it sucks air, most likely the cap is not sealing (needs replacing).

njsigns

Stacy - I just dealt with the same problem yesterday. I also tried filling the capping station with cleaning solution to do a head soak, but the problem was that the cleaning solution was running right into the waste bottle because that line was clean.

What I did was pinch off the flow to the waste bottle (the lines leaving the capping station) and filled the capping station with fluid again. I had to manually lower the capping station with the "pipe like tool" that came with the machine, one end is slightly pinched, use that end. Right next to the waste bottle under the machine is a hole with a "pin" in it, use the tool on the pin in that hole to lower the capping station, manually move the head to the left, pinch the waste line off, fill the capping station with fluid, then manually move the head back over the capping station and manually raise the capping station to the heads. I let it soak for about 10-15 minutes, then ran a few medium cleanings, did some test prints and did it all again until I got acceptable test prints. I also changed my wipers while I was in there.

I also had no yellow or magenta when I started... I think I'm going to purchase new cap tops later today, I believe mine aren't making a good seal against the heads anymore. You'll also likely have to remove the metal "cover" (3 screws) on the front of the machine where the head rests - in order to see everything and maneuver around in there.

If you don't see any ink after this process (you might have to do it a few times) it's likely your lines are clogged or the dampers are clogged, in which case I'd head over to printingdigital.net and search for a solution there.

Hope this helps,
Gene

And to think I was going to photograph the whole process while I was doing it, but didn't because I was too frustrated with my machine...

Thank you giving me some tips.
Last night when we filled the capping stations with fluid and put the printer head in place the machine would go through its cleaning and that didn't let the heads set in the cleaning fluid for any time.
I didn't know we could manually raise the capping station to the heads.

I will do all the suggested tips. Where would I find the right syringe?

Thank you,
Stacy

signage

You can also soak a soft lint free cloth and place it on the capping station an push the head back making sure the cloth stays in place!

GTSTech_1

Any Feed Store should have a syringe you can use. 60ml "Cather" syringe is what your looking for.

My .02:Welcome:

Thank you....
I am going out today and try to find one.
I am waiting for my husband to get home so we can tackle this problem.
I hope we can fix it!

Jodean

what is the appropriate adjustment for the capping station when manually bringing them up to the head for a soak? touch it? or very little pressure or what a good guideline?