• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versaworks 5.5.1 (not 6)

guillermo

Does anyone still have the versaworks updates? I changed computer and I just have 4.5, the last update was for 5.5.1, it is for an RE640, if anyone still have them, will you mind sharing it? my machine does not support Versawork 6.

guillermo

I was able to update to the last update from Roland, now I need the driver for and VersaArt RE640 printer to install a local printer in my computer. Does anyone has it that is willing to share?.

jimdtg

I was able to update to the last update from Roland, now I need the driver for and VersaArt RE640 printer to install a local printer in my computer. Does anyone has it that is willing to share?.
That should refer this document:

guillermo

Jimdtg

thank you very much for your response, unfortunately, I can not get in to see that link.

and I believe this is better question, does anyone has the drivers to install a local roland printer in windows 10 64?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
When you configure versaworks and install your printer, you can select to install "virtual driver". If I remember correctly that will add it to the windows printer list.

guillermo

That allows to prints from another software.
JimDTG

thas is correct, with these printers, I do not have to change size when I print different sizes, we print different sizes, specially 24x36, 18x24 and 12x18, they come with bleeds or crop marks, instead of cropping them in versaworks, I create these printers with that specific size, select it and print, do not have to do anything else and saves me time, some times, I get a pdf with up to 30 images, cropping one by one, will take time.
There is no driver. Versaworks (and other Rips) print directly to the network address on port 9100.
yes it is, if you look in the versaworks folder, you will find drivers for xp, vista and some other one.

Signstein

I was previously running a SP-300V and used these instructions to install VW 5.5.1 on W10 last year with no trouble (yes, I know it's a guide for W7, but it worked).
This guide specifically says to NOT install drivers - check out Page 5, Step 2. May not be applicable to your printer, or newer versions of Windows, so YMMV.

Attachments

• SP300VonWindows7withVersaWorks.1291881105.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 20

guillermo

I was previously running a SP-300V and used these instructions to install VW 5.5.1 on W10 last year with no trouble (yes, I know it's a guide for W7, but it worked).
This guide specifically says to NOT install drivers - check out Page 5, Step 2. May not be applicable to your printer, or newer versions of Windows, so YMMV.
thank for the time to respond to me.

for the updates to 5.5.1, from 4.0.0, all I did is transfer the folders in the old computer to the new computer, it worked, I am at 5.5.1, but I do not have a local printer, I will read the manual you sent me and will try with the disk, when installing it says if you want to install a local printer, a that step, I checked that option, but did not installed it.