• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versaworks

anwarshah

Anyone know how solve the problem of "printer and ink type used differs from the one being used" when launching Versaworks. I called Roland, they could not solve it. I was given a solution of uninstalling and reinstalling VW by Roland tech support. When uninstalling all the VW folders were deleted including the ones in the trash can. It worked when reinstalled, but each time Win 7 was shut down and relaunched, the same problem started. To get over it I have to uninstall and reinstall. The attachment if it did attach shows the error from VW.
Currently I am running Win 7 pro in virtual mode using Parallels. I am using Parallels for about a year and no problems. It is up to date so is Win 7.

Attachments

• RVW error copy.jpg
    RVW error copy.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 136
OK.. I have seen this before. Try this re-install once you get printer connection verified go to edit > prefrences > on the update tab set it to your ink type and printer only. Do not run updates during install after you set that update setting do the updates then open it up see if that works.

anwarshah

Rvw

It still did not work. When verifying the printer, it puts in the ink type which is in the Roland printer SP-300v. Under Edit then Preferences there is no tab to set the ink type. My VW is 4.6.1
Anymore suggestions?

Also what version of windows 7? Right click the shortcut choose properties, click open file location. The actual executable will be highlighted. Right click, properties on it, choose compatiility and then check the option to Run This Program as an Administrator.

Then try initializing and launching and see what happens.

Also, you did not install some new antivirus or antispyware software did you? I have seen antivirus software go nuts and start quarantining files without warning that it thinks are all of a sudden viruses. Just an idea, but you might disable any antivirus and/or antispyware tools, and see what happens.

anwarshah

Rvw

Thanks a bunch. Did the initialize after which it asked me if I want to install the Printer Driver. It failed on installing the Printer Driver, but VW launched OK. After a while I will see if get the same error when Win 7 is shut down and rebooted.

anwarshah

Rvw

Mine is Win 7, SP1. I just did your last suggestion and will see what happens when Win 7 is shut down and rebooted. I have Norton Antivirus installed, but not renewed.

I would still disable Norton, when they are non renewed, they can get really crazy because the heuristics engine that tries to determine if something is a virus or not, detects what is now normal practice for a piece of software as an attack.