• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versercamm SP540i - Banding and nozzle issues

James Anderson

Hi guys

I'm here again due to the fact that printer has been in storage as we moved premises - just set-up printer again and have issue with print quality.
Have replaced all with new inks - Cleaned both powerful and manually - same issue.

Nozzle has big gaps.......hence banding on all prints - the test proves something is wrong....

I have attached before and after of cleaning photos of Head - and nozzle and print test photos - anything else ive missed out - please let me know.

Any help guys....?

Thank you for looking....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 124
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 115

netsol

clamp off hose(s) under capping station
(1)fill capping station with cleaning solution, get head back in resting position and soak head overnight
others with your exact machine may want to elaborate

(2)at your own risk:
i have had success adding a SMALL AMOUNT of acetone to cleaning solution, soaking for a few minutes, then doing many cleanings so the acetone is flushed out of your system. AGAIN, AT YOUR OWN RISK

(3) contact vlad, inventor or the printhead doctor & overnight your head to his company for recovery (in canada)

this would be a good time for damper and captop replacement

netsol

sorry didn't have this on my ipad
if you call during normal hours, they will transfer you to vlad (owner/inventor of printhead doctor) if necessary
they have many flush solutions, for all sors of chemistry and severity of clog

balance the cost of overnight shipping and return from canada against the cost of a new printhead

James Anderson

Thank you for your help.

So soak heads and add solution to capping area to prevent nozzle gaps?

I will look into this

Currently printing but not fantastic but still passable if high res images!

Check photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 114

netsol

head clogs can be persistent, stubborn SOB's
the longer it drags on, the higher the risk of destroying the head
do you have eco solvent cleaner, from roland or internet?
pinch the drain line(s) on bottom of capping station (you can do this right at the drain bottle if you are not sure
add enough fluid (poured through the felt pad on the captop ) that the captop is full
let the machine return the head to the resting position
stay powered on, (turn off auto cleaning since you plugged the drain)
you can wait4 hours, or preferably longer, as long as 24 hours
the cleaner will hopefully dissolve the clogs & you can remove the clamps & do a couple regular cleanings followed by a powerful cleaning if necessary
6101oXJMRYL._AC_SS65_.jpg

netsol

machine must be left parked, with head in it's resting position, or ink will dry. it is like cement

James Anderson

I have this bottle attached use for cleaning,

What do you mean head parked?
In maintenance model or normal position on right, if so how can I get to the pipes?

Thanks for the help again

damonCA21

You have a lot of nozzle deflection as well on the black, this will cause prints to be fuzzy. What you can try is to print in high quality mode, and overprint 2 times ( you will also need to go into the image properties in Versaworks and up the brightness level to full ). In high quality mode the printhead uses the smaller nozzles, and if they are ok then the print should be ok.

This is the default setting I use to print. It uses more ink, but gives a much better result for logos and solid images rather than photos. It gives a result a lot closer to screen printing than the normal print.

Go into service mode and do a test print from there and it will show you how well the small nozzles are firing, the standard test print only uses the large ones.
Cleaning may bring the heads back better, but it could be time for new heads sadly

petepaz

you may want to change all the cap tops and dampers as well. those are all regular consumables (it's like changing the oil and filters in your car) minimal cost and you can do it yourself but can make a ton of difference

James Anderson

you may want to change all the cap tops and dampers as well. those are all regular consumables (it's like changing the oil and filters in your car) minimal cost and you can do it yourself but can make a ton of difference
Excellent will do this

Thank you

Hope don’t need heads!!!

James Anderson

Thanks

I will be try cap tops maybe today or this week, will soak in solution.

Do I clamp off from the bottom of the pipe?

Or do I need to take whole pipe off by unscrewing the back?

Thanks

James Anderson

head clogs can be persistent, stubborn SOB's
the longer it drags on, the higher the risk of destroying the head
do you have eco solvent cleaner, from roland or internet?
pinch the drain line(s) on bottom of capping station (you can do this right at the drain bottle if you are not sure
add enough fluid (poured through the felt pad on the captop ) that the captop is full
let the machine return the head to the resting position
stay powered on, (turn off auto cleaning since you plugged the drain)
you can wait4 hours, or preferably longer, as long as 24 hours
the cleaner will hopefully dissolve the clogs & you can remove the clamps & do a couple regular cleanings followed by a powerful cleaning if necessary
6101oXJMRYL._AC_SS65_.jpg
Is it easy to pinch deain lines? never done before!