• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VG-640 magenta issue

devontug

The magenta is acting weird it’s not printing solid and it’s having a misting look on anything with magenta … dispute new printheads change … any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_7444.jpeg
    IMG_7444.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 275

petepaz

what's your test print look like. what inks are you running in that VG, the newer type 2 inks?
tough to fix anything in those models because they locked us out so really only a tech can do work on them

devontug

what's your test print look like. what inks are you running in that VG, the newer type 2 inks?
tough to fix anything in those models because they locked us out so really only a tech can do work on them
Roland TR2 inks
The test print

Attachments

• 2f89296d-077d-4cb4-bdf9-f21662cf8069.jpeg
    2f89296d-077d-4cb4-bdf9-f21662cf8069.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 129

d fleming

Many moons ago omg sieko carts had trouble with magenta clogging nozzles. Had to do with the solids. I changed to nazdar carts and it magically cleared up. Ran nazdar inks til that sucker finally reached end of service life. Not saying that is what is happening but just sayin'.

petepaz

not sure what you can actually do on that machine. we had one of the original truvis VG540 machines and it was a piece of crap. had it for 4 years and it only worked for like 1.5 years ended up trading it in, long story but i really wasn't able to work on that machine. our older machines i could pull ink with a syringe or change cap tops. that's what i would do first if you are able to do it.

weyandsign

Did you change the cap tops when you changed the heads? Did you try shaking the ink pouch? Do you see any air in the ink lines? What if you print uni-directional, is it any better?

devontug

Did you change the cap tops when you changed the heads? Did you try shaking the ink pouch? Do you see any air in the ink lines? What if you print uni-directional, is it any better?
Yes I changed the captops and unidirectional made no difference

Joe House

You've definitely got a deflected nozzle there. Roland should cover a new printhead for 90 days if proper maintenance is being done and you're using Roland inks that haven't expired. Get back to the dealer that installed it and see what they'll do for you.

Good Luck

devontug

solved it third party ink tr2 pouch had the wrong ink formulation ..... did a pump up and replace with correct ink and its now working great... thanks all for the brain storming....