• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP300 and VP540 Detailed Quote (Are these quotes good?)

TheDecalWorld

The main thing is to just ask for everything extra and hope you get some of it? I guess asking for more would never hurt, what can they say: no? Does anyone know a decent place to find a demo unit? I asked my supplier to find a demo unit for me to atleast see before purchase. He said they don't have any demo units in the area right now. I have never seen the VP540 in action. Should I worry about never seeing it in motion? I am just now taking the step up with the business and know it is a large learning curve. I am pretty good at catching on with new gadgets. I have taught myself everything so far and been in business 2 years making some good money. Right now we only have 2 GX24's, 3 Portable MH365's, a portable Raindrop and a Heat press Machine. I have a pretty good customer base that keeps asking for the full color banners, signs, images, shirts, bags, etc...

Thanks for all your responses! You all have given me some new things to think about before this purchase.

Matt

TheDecalWorld

Also, I have created all of my own vectors for what I am doing now. However, I need just some basic images in a large library. Is the Vector Art Mega Collection 1,2, and 3 one of the better ones out there for the price?

http://www.vectorart.com/CD/#Mega_Collection

I am of course not paying this price on the main site. Found the full 3 disk set of over 17,000 ready to cut vectors (.eps and .ai) for $275.00 Total. I have the CS3 Master Collection.

Thanks Matt

Mainframe

The main thing is to just ask for everything extra and hope you get some of it? I guess asking for more would never hurt, what can they say: no? Does anyone know a decent place to find a demo unit? I asked my supplier to find a demo unit for me to atleast see before purchase. He said they don't have any demo units in the area right now. I have never seen the VP540 in action. Should I worry about never seeing it in motion? I am just now taking the step up with the business and know it is a large learning curve. I am pretty good at catching on with new gadgets. I have taught myself everything so far and been in business 2 years making some good money. Right now we only have 2 GX24's, 3 Portable MH365's, a portable Raindrop and a Heat press Machine. I have a pretty good customer base that keeps asking for the full color banners, signs, images, shirts, bags, etc...

Thanks for all your responses! You all have given me some new things to think about before this purchase.

Matt

You are a perfect candidate for a VP540, you will Love it, once you get it you will wonder how you did without it, I wouldn't worry about getting a demo, I would rather have a new machine, fresh set up & you know what you have, the difference for me was only 500 bucks, the wife said get the new one so I did. This machine will very quickly become the center of your business opening up quite a few good avenues for you, also you can see a demo of it on youtube-good luck

TheDecalWorld

Yeah, I live on you tube for tutorials and demos. Freakin great site for learning new thing for free. Thanks for the input, looks like the 540 is the way to go. Just need to decide on a purchase or lease now.