• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Vp540 print perfect first print then next print sucks

evil ink

i only run mine on low head height. there has been different times where the cyan doesn't print properly then it was magenta then black. im wondering if its a carriage/print board? i am going to do the dampeners this weekend. i also noticed a lot of ink around the caps last cpl days

evil ink

so jsut went back to my printer to do a test print and the caps had ink in them? they were full. what does that mean?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
The lines from the caps to the pump are clogged. You can try to clear them with cleaning fluid and a syringe. If you cannot pull anything through them, remove the caps from the printer, pull the lines off the caps, use a roller of some kind (an unopened soda can will work great) to squeegee the ink out of the ink lines, and use a small paper clip to clear the connection on the bottom of the cap. Thoroughly flush the lines, reinstall them on the caps and reinstall them in the printer and see if this fixes the problem. Ideally, new OEM caps would be the best solution.