• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help roland xc540 has cyan noise and is grainy (CMYKlClm

Attempting to print black on white and here is the result:
Was wondering what causes these problems and how I can fix them.
I have had the dropout in the black head for a while now and up till now it has not caused this severe of a problem.
Test print.jpg
dpw test.jpg

Cuantekusa

INKS FOR WIDE FORMAT PRINTERS cuantek-usa.com
How old is the cap top in your printer? Looks like it is not doing a good cleaning, probably a vacuum leak that is preventing from cleaning the head properly.

davyde

Deflection in nozzle usually caused by poor cap top maintenance and dirty wipers. The wipers will push dry ink across the head and smear rather than clean. If the captops are not cleaned and maintained then a poor seal is created and ink just lingers around the head, dries in the nozzles and deflections are created. Removing the head and flushing it with cleaning solution can help but only as a last resort before head replacement required. Roland Heads have a shot life of 6 billion, if well maintained then could go longer. Ive changed heads at 2 billion because the user never cleaned and the pattern looked heaps worse tjan that. The black print also shows overspray on the edges, tells me it has a lazy/worn head. Possibly replacement required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old is the cap top in your printer?
I can't speak to the age of the cap tops(just started working with this machine recently) but I had just cleaned off both the wipers and the cap tops the day before this print.

tells me it has a lazy/worn head
This might show my novice level in this industry but what are the causes and fixes for a worn head?

With these things in mind do all these problems fall to the age of the head? Also does anyone have a good tutorial for the cleaning solution flush or should I leave that to a Roland tech?

Lastly I also have a sample of a color bar that was printed off as I was printing a door wrap with a similar noise. I was wondering if these were related?
(if you'll excuse the nicely focused dog hair from when I had trimmed this piece off thrown it on the ground)
IMAG0582.jpg

rjssigns

Looks more like overspray from static or a dirty encoder strip. I'd try cleaning the encoder strip and see what happens. Could have the encoder sensor going out too.
Maybe VanderJ will chime in.

ProPDF

Clean the heads with lint-free swabs and clear cleaning solution from Roland.
Clean the Encoder Strip.
Make sure head height is on low or the correct height. If head is too high you can get over spray.

Honestly you are probably looking at needing 1-2 print heads. Order them off sign-in-china and have the dealer install them. Don't worry about the "you won't get a warranty" chatter via this forum or the dealer, that printer is out of warranty. While you are at it....grab new cap tops, 3 pumps, 14 Ving dampers (You only need 12 but its good to have extra). If you are going to be working with this machine for awhile....I would get a encoder strip and extra encoder strip reader. These parts are pennies compared to the dealer vs sign-in-china. Select DHL and they arrive in 3 days. Then you will know where the machine is mechanically and if you pay attention to the tech when he is there you can learn how to fix it yourself moving forward.