• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roll to Roll UV Printer Purchase

Goatshaver

Shaving goats and eating bushes
Did you have any luck finding good resources for Rasterlink 7. We just had our UCJV330 installed last week.
Just the user guide. Just a lot a trial and error and asking questions has really helped me get up to speed on a lot of things.
Plenty of knowledge here if you have questions. Feel free to shoot me any questions and I might be able to answer them if it's something I've dealt with on my 330.

PeteDuMond

Thanks for the reply. Have you installed it into Thrive? I only see a driver UCJV-300. Trying to figure out a way to do quick settings for banners (grommets, hems and bleeds).
Haven't seen that in Rasterlink7.

Goatshaver

Nope. The 330 is not supported yet as far as I can tell and there are a lot of bugs with Onyx 24 with cutting it seems right now.
I've been using Rasterlink and I haven't seen any place to do anything like that but I also haven't done any banners.

teddc671

Nope. The 330 is not supported yet as far as I can tell and there are a lot of bugs with Onyx 24 with cutting it seems right now.
I've been using Rasterlink and I haven't seen any place to do anything like that but I also haven't done any banners.
How are you liking the Mimaki? I was stuck between the Roland LG-640 or Mimaki ucjv300 but it looks like I'll be moving forward with the Mimaki.

Philw

We've been happy with our UCJV. White point is really good on the white ink. Don't have gloss so can't comment on that part but it's been a good printer for us.

It's a good addition if you already have other printers. We've done lots of wall wraps and even box truck wraps with it and they're holding up really well.

It lays down a lot of thick ink, and is painfully slow when printing white/layered, but it definitely has it's place.
Completely agree with your comment regards white, it's the best I've seen and my customers love it but unfortunately I've found the clear develops an amber cast at around 3 months and becomes visually quite discernible as it ages.

Goatshaver

How are you liking the Mimaki? I was stuck between the Roland LG-640 or Mimaki ucjv300 but it looks like I'll be moving forward with the Mimaki.
I like it. The print quality is really nice and the speed is decent for a UV machine. The white is nice and gloss is a great addition but you have to be mindful in how you use it. I will say I wish the take up and feed were motorized like on Epson solvent machines, or at least if the take-up had a tension bar instead of a continuous tension system, but I haven't really use that much so many it'll grow on me. Maintenance is pretty easy so far, just weekly cleanings and one thing I'm still not sure if I like is the head wiping system with these web rolls of material. I've had my machine since June and I've gone through 2.5 of those replacements wiper rolls and I haven't even really printed all that much. It's still a very new machine so expect some maintenance things may change now that these are getting out in to the wild and they'll be hearing back from lots of customers.

I don't think you can go wrong with either machine. I haven't seen a roland in person or watched one in operation so I can speak to them at all.

teddc671

I like it. The print quality is really nice and the speed is decent for a UV machine. The white is nice and gloss is a great addition but you have to be mindful in how you use it. I will say I wish the take up and feed were motorized like on Epson solvent machines, or at least if the take-up had a tension bar instead of a continuous tension system, but I haven't really use that much so many it'll grow on me. Maintenance is pretty easy so far, just weekly cleanings and one thing I'm still not sure if I like is the head wiping system with these web rolls of material. I've had my machine since June and I've gone through 2.5 of those replacements wiper rolls and I haven't even really printed all that much. It's still a very new machine so expect some maintenance things may change now that these are getting out in to the wild and they'll be hearing back from lots of customers.

I don't think you can go wrong with either machine. I haven't seen a roland in person or watched one in operation so I can speak to them at all.
Thanks. That's for the input.