• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolling Pin for Laminating

Turbophein

I am using the Big Squeegee to laminate oracal 210 laminate over oracal 3165gra. It seems the colder the weather gets the more silvering i am getting.

i bought 2 different rolling pins already, the wooden one was a joke not even close to being flat, then i bought a nice metal one which is still not flat, the end caps are slightly larger than the pin so i only get stripes when using it.

other than grinding down the end caps, not sure what else to try???

Any info would be great!

CheapVehicleWrap

Chuck it on a lathe. Roll away. If not 100% true, you can place a big patty of cookie dough under the vinyl which will not only take up the differences but roll dough at the same time - killing 2 stones with 1 bird.

sfr table hockey

I am using the Big Squeegee to laminate oracal 210 laminate over oracal 3165gra. It seems the colder the weather gets the more silvering i am getting.

i bought 2 different rolling pins already, the wooden one was a joke not even close to being flat, then i bought a nice metal one which is still not flat, the end caps are slightly larger than the pin so i only get stripes when using it.

other than grinding down the end caps, not sure what else to try???

Any info would be great!

Do note that if you can lay it down without any major bubbles, leave it for a day or two then look at it again. You will notice most of the silvering has gone away. I just layed some of the 210 matt lam and it looked horrible on one of the panels but even by the end of the day it was almost all gone. At that point you can go over some of the areas that need it and you may find it turns out ok.

sardocs

Get the tool made specifically for the job. From the folks who know how to stick it.

Attachments

• LAMISON.jpg
    LAMISON.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 79

iSign

If more true professional wouldn't be afraid of investing in a vehicle rotisserie to rotate vehicles such that the Avery tool above can be used for wrap installations as well as lamination... We'd have less hobbyists complaining about Avery adhesion problems... Professional tools for professional results!!

Turbophein

also i ordered a silicone cover for my rolling pin... should give just enough to keep it flat. i will let you know how it works.