• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolling Pin for Laminating

Turbophein

Hair dryer? I don't think that you will get better than the Big Squeegee until you invest in a laminator.

i have heated them up before and it does help, i just hate all the silvering, especially whena customer wants its same day or something... explaining that it will go away sucks.

skyhigh

Ummmm... You weren't serious about grinding down a rolling pin were you? ( or doing anything with one, for that matter) :omg:

Haven't you used a piece of pvc drain pipe with felt? (aka big squeegie)

:ROFLMAO:

ps. used my BS to lay 20 - 2'x2' cut vinyl applications the other day. That was my first use of the tool. Worked sweet.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I am using the Big Squeegee to laminate oracal 210 laminate over oracal 3165gra. It seems the colder the weather gets the more silvering i am getting....
Have you tried warming up the area where you are laminating? Preheating the substrate and laminate may help too...

I guess I better get to work on a new tool... How about a 6' roller pin... lol

if your only worried about the silvering, that will go away after a short while......now the rolling pin idea.....well........................................

CheapVehicleWrap

If your vinyl is not as wide as the tires on your car you can use that too. SUVs work the best. Just have someone ride on the hood (or the cargo area if laminating in reverse) feeding the lam down.

iSign

I'm still standing by investing in a vehicle rotisserie to rotate vehicles for Avery's oscillating flattening tool

Custom_Grafx

I take my prints to the local pizza joint. Years of use on their pins mean they are perfect, no need to turn on a lathe. Sometimes I have to clean the backing paper coz it picks up flour but I guarantee you my prints are better than everyone else here who thinks they are a god using those expensive overpriced laminators.