• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolls Roller

BlueSpot

Just invested in a new equipment, an Rolls Roller.
This is one of the best investments we have done, already made lost of signs with it =)
Anyone else got this machine?

Attachments

• RollsRoller(2).jpg
    RollsRoller(2).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 142
  • RollsRoller(1).jpg
    RollsRoller(1).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 122

Jillbeans

It could also double as a bed for those late nights at the shop.
I saw one at SignUk and while I don't do prints or wraps it was a cool piece of equipment.
Love....Jill

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Rolls Roller will do 70mm thick substrates. Looks like a nice piece of equipment.

Mils and millimeters, there is a very big difference.

70 mm is 2.756 inches thick, is this really correct?

I think 70 MILS (seventy thousandths of an inch .070") sounds more realistic.

Very cool machine, for sure.

10sacer

ROlls

Have a vendor partner who has one and he does vinyl decals and vehicle graphics almost exclusively and he loves the thing. I take some stuff over to him for lamination and mounting and it is quick and easy with the RR. It will put material on some pretty thick media, so 60mm sounds right.

Brandon708

I really don't see how this justifies the cost. It really doesn't seem to save any time. I could apply that same print in that video in the same amount of time with the big squeegee or the traditional way. It seems like big fancy equipment for people that don't have any basic sign training.

just my $.02

CentralSigns

If you don't mind telling how much was it and what size you got. I have been considering one but no one up here will give you a price without a day of seeing it work at their sales centre.

Bill43mx

It's a very cool piece of equipment. I first saw a video of it a couple of years ago and immediately put it on my "I want that someday" list.

The Equipment Guy

I really don't see how this justifies the cost. It really doesn't seem to save any time. I could apply that same print in that video in the same amount of time with the big squeegee or the traditional way. It seems like big fancy equipment for people that don't have any basic sign training.

Where this machine really stands out is for a busy shop that lays down LOTS of vinyl. It makes even one offs quicker and easier, but the ones we have sold were to customers where they were at a breaking point with their vinyl application, but a flatbed printer still did not seem "right" for them.

We have not had a customer that has been disappointed yet and a couple say its their best purchase to date.

Craig

BlueSpot

just my $.02

Today I had 4 plates on 3 x 1.5 meters that needed a blue background, we had only white plates... Used this machine to the job. I have hard to belive that you would do the job as fast as this machine...
You won't feel as tired after work eighter...

mortil

sorry for the bump, but this equipment is awsome to work with.

i use do be at a shop where they have 4 or 5 of these. they really speed things up.

Great swedish invention :p

mortil

$20,000....?! That seems cheap for a piece of equipment that huge.

the company i use to visit thinks its among the best equipment in the house. and they have a huge equipment list.

20 000 is cheap even here in sweden where they make them.. its more like 24 000

it IS a big timesaver. as soon as i have money i will buy one thats for sure.

HulkSmash

$20,000....?! That seems cheap for a piece of equipment that huge.

it's really just a metal table with a giant roller, and some electrical.
Cost no more than 900 to manufacture in china or something.

It says i can apply graphics to my banner in 1 quick easy step.

Who puts cut vinyl on banners?